Factory options T6.1

I will have this rear heater option in a new van when it arrives in December. I wanted the conversion company to install a fold down bed on the offside (Extendy For SWB Kombi & Crew | Flatout Camper Beds)

I’m being told that this heater will present a problem with this!...... Got carried away on the options list......Oops!
Has anyone had any experience in removing the trim panels (for installing a unit or bed)?
If anyone has any photos of the rear heater with the trim covers removed, I’d be very grateful?

This is LWB but you get the idea.
Can they not make their bed opening form the other side?

43113E92-2EB0-429A-A7E2-972F0FA69D9D.jpeg

Yes, but my plan was to put a narrow unit on the near side with a single Wallas hob/heater and a tiny sink In the worktop.
i was hoping to get a bed to fold down on the offside.
Looks like I won’t get both! This is only a problem because I have to transport kids.... dammit!

I will have this rear heater option in a new van when it arrives in December. I wanted the conversion company to install a fold down bed on the offside (Extendy For SWB Kombi & Crew | Flatout Camper Beds)

I’m being told that this heater will present a problem with this!...... Got carried away on the options list......Oops!
Has anyone had any experience in removing the trim panels (for installing a unit or bed)?
If anyone has any photos of the rear heater with the trim covers removed, I’d be very grateful?

So I was in a similar position and went a bit happy with the options. I tried and cancelled the heater but the van was already on the production line as this was a factory build so I had to stick with it. I must say I am pleased I did as its a lot of kit for the money and also has a really nice control unit near the visor. Not sure how VW afford this as a £250 option including a heavy duty battery. I have attached some pictures of my van having just converted it with a storage box on one side. Attached some photos of the motor with the plastic trim removed. I hope this helps
1605386879037.png
1605386912483.png
1605386983441.png

1605387039085.png

Thanks Badger. Your van looks really awesome.
Mine is pure grey too. It’s all booked in for insulating/carpet lining and I’ve paid my deposit for an Ovano Switch XL as this looks ideal and will work with the rear heater. (I’ve abandoned the Wallas heater/fold down bed idea which is a shame, but I’m kind of pleased in a way, as I was making this way too complicated!)
Delivery is expected first week in December...... I can’t wait!

Reactions: Jlo
I was considering the Ovano but its big investment for not a lot of flexibility. I like the idea of being able to empty the van to do run to the tip plus my kids like the open space. Ovano looks like a good bit of kit but very restrictive and you lose space too. been researching this stuff for 6 months !!

On the 6 month research front ....Me too! I’m worried I’m becoming so boring! i Looked at the bed options/storage options, but eventually decided that the drawer will work brilliantly for work and the Ovano provides the most flexibility. It’s shed loads of dosh though! It looks super easy to lift out, albeit heavy!
Your tip must be super flexible! I was told by our local council that I could only bring a van if I had a 2 burner hob and sink fitted! (Part of the prepurchase research).....Our tip staff love their rules!

Last edited:
On the 6 month research front ....Me too! I’m worried I’m becoming so boring! i Looked at the bed options/storage options, but eventually decided that the drawer will work brilliantly for work and the Ovano provides the most flexibility. It’s shed loads of dosh though! It looks super easy to lift out, albeit heavy!
Your tip must be super flexible! I was told by our local council that I could only bring a van if I had a 2 burner hob and sink fitted! (Part of the prepurchase research).....Our tip staff love their rules!
is yours a panel van? i cant imagine they stopping a Kombi ?

It’s a swb panel van being converted into a kombi. It’ll be interesting to see if they consider that ok, but new forest district council are a nightmare! On the plus side I have ordered a lwb too! This one will be properly converted with sink and cooker, but not until March 21! Seems mental that I may have to take a plush camper and leave the pretty much wipe clean utility wagon at home just to satisfy the councils daft rules!

Greetings all,

If anyone here has purchased a brand new T6.1 Kombi Highline SWB with a factory option -SUPPLEMENTARY HEATING SYSTEM (PASSENGER/LOAD COMPARTMENT) WITH SECOND HEAT EXCHANGER AND A VENT IN C PILLAR?

The option is £306 extra and you get a higher rated default battery - has anybody got a van with this option, would mind posting a picture of the vents and any extras that protrude in the cargo/seating area? I have attached image of the configurator below. I would like to carpet the panels but I am advised that getting round the vents is a nightmare?View attachment 85411

Another question I had was the colour of the Leatherette seats from VW? are they Black or beige? the brochure shows beige but the dealer Alan Day VW commercial are adamant its black?

Anyone able to confirm one way or another?

regards
Hi there, I have just got my new Kombi with the leatherette seats and they are silver/grey fronts, and black sides and rear. I also specd the £306 second heading system as we live up in Scotland!

Hi there, I have just got my new Kombi with the leatherette seats and they are silver/grey fronts, and black sides and rear. I also specd the £306 second heading system as we live up in Scotland!

Second heating system worth it? I will have the daughters in mine now and again. I am going LWB 4motion DSG 199 kombi. Without it does the passenger area take long to warm? Thanks

The second heating option is a great option for the price, and once there is heat in the engine, helps to warm up the rear space quicker, and keep it warm, without the need for the front heater being on Max. If you can it’s a must have option for me.

Back