Adding footwell lighting

So I would need caravelle on the ends ,then what do you do on plug n play end
I have a male and female plug back to back a couple inches apart that fit between the existing step light and factory loom plug this has an extra set of wires coming from between them that runs to footwell lights so everything can just be plugged in to get work and equally can be unplugged and removed without trace

I have a male and female plug back to back a couple inches apart that fit between the existing step light and factory loom plug this has an extra set of wires coming from between them that runs to footwell lights so everything can just be plugged in to get work and equally can be unplugged and removed without trace
Cheers @Pauly I will call you next week .

I have a few footwell kits available now, havent had time to put them in shop yet but will have several more made this week
One kit consisting of a pair of white aftermarket LED lights and wiring loom is £47
Additional fittings are available for £7.50 each if you wish to replace your existing steplight(s) with the same LED units to match the footwells
Delivery is £3 per order
If anyone wants a kit let me know via a message and tell me if you have one or two sliders and i can send the correct wiring

I have one kit with red LEDs left but it uses genuine VW fittings with red LED panels in so is a bit expensive, i will try and find some aftermarket red and blue LED units for a better price but this last one is an extra £15

Dont sound good does it :oops: Its just the OCD i think red dash illumination, matching etc etc..... you noooo :)
How did I miss all this excitement?! Yup, I want some too Pauly.......can someone explain how they fit? I'm with Stud.....red for me too! Are we getting any under dash illumination or door card illumination ala Alanwalsh........what about some lighting for the back seat passengers......oh god......somebody stop me!!!!!!!!!

Fitted a set of Pauly's white ones under my dash. There is a slot that you just cut out and the lamp holder clips straight in. I also opted for the replacement LED units for the rear side steps. When I figured out how they connected it was dead simple and blinking obvious, however it did make me scratch my head when I was putting them in. Simply put, you'll get a piece of cable with both a male and female plug on the end. Disconnect the original from one of the existing step lights, connect one of the pair of connectors to that, whilst the other 'new' connector goes onto the original step light

Il take a pair of the white LED @Pauly please :thumbsup:
Hi @Markey send me a message and let me know if have single or twin sliders and if you want any additional LED fittings for your rear steps so they match the new footwell units and will get it sorted

How did I miss all this excitement?! Yup, I want some too Pauly.......can someone explain how they fit? I'm with Stud.....red for me too! Are we getting any under dash illumination or door card illumination ala Alanwalsh........what about some lighting for the back seat passengers......oh god......somebody stop me!!!!!!!!!
I have one kit with two red fittings left if you want it but as above its a bit more expensive than the white ones as it uses genuine OE fittings with the guts swapped for red LED panels, send me a message if you want it and let me know if you have single or twin sliders and we can get it sorted.
I am planning to do some more ambient lighting bits in the future for doorcards etc on my van but wont be anytime soon but once i have done and had a play with different strength LEDs to figure out whats best i will make something available for others

The ones we do are for kombis and connect to step light connector and are plug and play
For panel vans would need to pick up feed from roof light

I can vouch for them being excellent, makes such a diference in a kombi with it not having any lighting in the front steps. I also opted for the extra parts to make the rear step lights LED to match the footwell lighting.

The ones we do are for kombis and connect to step light connector and are plug and play
For panel vans would need to pick up feed from roof light
Pauly........a couple of questions. What options do we have re the foot well lights etc? How easy is it to get from the kombi step light to the foot wells. I still want red so what's the cost? I'd forgotten all about this!!! :thumbsup:

Back