Adding footwell lighting

Apologies Pauly.........I've asked about the routeing before.....it's my age! Surely it's best to remove the rear step in order to route the wiring through to the front......I can't see how you'd tap into the back of the step light fitting and then feed the wire forward without removing the step.......if that makes sense?

Assuming you have a kombi it's about an hour to run the wire and fit the lights, rear step lifts straight out but the front step is held in at the rear by the base of the b pillar so a bit of wire poking to do here but otherwise you are just tucking it into the edge of the flooring/wheel arch trim
Both trims under dash need to come off to pop out the plastic where the light goes as need to Stanley knife the plastic
I have some more red LEDs in stock now but they are a bit more expensive as use genuine VW fittings with red led modules in them as opposed to aftermarket white light fittings

As per the above.. this is a fairly simple mod to do.. Mr Tickle arms would be useful but other than that it took me about An hour or so.

Hi @Pauly I've just bought a set of the front Caravelle front footwell steps with the lights in and i'm looking to get a set of footwell lights have you got any left? will I need extra wiring for the footwell lights as well?

Yes i have plenty, send me a PM and let me know what van you have (one or two sliders) and i can make something up for you :thumbsup:

This is a mod I'm interested in doing.......however I'm not confident in my wiring/cutting abilities to attempt this ......has anyone got any photos and step by step instructions.....?

This is a mod I'm interested in doing.......however I'm not confident in my wiring/cutting abilities to attempt this ......has anyone got any photos and step by step instructions.....?
Get a kit from @Pauly and there is no cutting or wiring required... it's plug and play with minimal messing with trim. If I can do it.. anyone can!!

Get a kit from @Pauly and there is no cutting or wiring required... it's plug and play with minimal messing with trim. If I can do it.. anyone can!!

@Pauly do you have any LED sets available for footwells and a single side loading door plus a set of LED interior bulbs to match and a price?

Yes all in stock, if your interested send me a PM and will sort it out

@Pauly Lights receive this morning, fitted the interior lights and what a difference!.......plan to fit the footwell lights next weekend but very impressed so far.
Thank you for the excellent service.

Did mine today. Great improvement led all round now. Took about an hour to do this and the overhead lights. Should have come as standard...

I was thinking of adding these but as ambient red lighting. My thought was to maybe add a small loom extension that plugs in between the connector from the lower 12v socket and its loom connection that then feeds the lights as I believe from what I have read there is a feed wire from the ambient lighting circuit here? @Pauly ? If it is possible, would anyone be able to make one up (for beer tokens)?
I am a complete electrical novice so like the idea of plugs much more than splicing wires.

@Pauly Lights receive this morning, fitted the interior lights and what a difference!.......plan to fit the footwell lights next weekend but very impressed so far.
Thank you for the excellent service.

Have you got pics mate, im interested in this mod.

Both rear steps and all the overheads. Really need to put my hand in my pocket and buy the caravelle fronts.

Hi Pauly,

Any chance your doing the plug and play LED footwell lighting still?.....as well as a similar LED for the rear door step light?

Matt

He is mate, shoot him a pm.

I got mine the week before last and they came with a step light to match the footwells

I want to do this but do they come with an idiots guide.....I keep thinking of doing it but I'm no auto electrician!? How long does it take?

Back