Upping the lighting game inside and out

CarreraRSR

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Over the last 6 months I've been upping the lighting game of my 2015 Kombi Highline

Firstly the interior......

Thanks to Saxoboy for supplying the footwell, door safety and puddle lights

IMG_5427.jpeg

Thanks to this forum (sorry I can't recall who posted the idea + details) for the upgraded of the cab lights with red LED ambient downlight and additional footwell LEDs

IMG_5437.jpeg

IMG_5440.jpeg

IMG_5441.jpeg

IMG_5426.jpeg

Then added LEDs to all the interior existing OEM lights for cleaner white lights matching the cab etc. making it bright for entering and departing.

IMG_5432.jpeg

Then decided for when camping I needed touch sensitive on/off and dimming downlights but went for warm wight here so to be kinder on the eyes. These don't come on when opening doors, only on command.

IMG_5433.jpeg

IMG_5435.jpeg

Bright white versus warm white. The warm whites will dull down a lot for night time sleep use and selectable individually by touching the outer rims

IMG_5438.jpeg

Last edited:
Onto the outside

Added T6.1 style LEDs to the front with dynamic indicators, THQ fog light LEDs, THQ super bright dynamic side repeaters and Travelinnlite rear T6.1 style lights and yes you've guessed it, with dynamic indicators and super bright dual reverse lights. Makes reversing using the mirrors and reverse camera in the pitch dark a joy.

Headlights have a funky start up sweep for unlocking and once ignition has been engaged for DRL's. Also captured other actions of the lights but couldn't work out how to upload the videos, so just pulled a few stills

Headlight LEDs in both dipped and main are at least as bright as I've experienced with recent Passat and Superb advanced LED/premium LEDs. Even the DRLs are brighter than I have compared to THQ V3's and comparable to VW OEM's THQ fogs are a great match to the headlights

IMG_5447.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 21.58.51.png

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 21.59.46.png

Super happy how its all turned out. Wanted to make it all look OEM where possible. The interior comfort and night time driving visibility is now an absolute pleasure.

Last edited:
Back