Adding footwell lighting

Did you change the steps or manage to cut them into the original steps ?

Thats a good price three gen6 lights from VW would cost more than that
I don't think it would be possible to cut the hole out ,it's recessed so you would have to glue light in.
Yes I saw those lights on eBay with different logo ,they wanted £22 second hand ,
The ones I got didn't have the logo ,my niece did them on her vinyl cutter .

How did you get the led lights to dim , I presume you wired to the dash dim unit , what wires did you use .
Sorry Chris for the delayed response, been working away all week. I picked the footwell light feed up from the cigar lighter and the led strips that are in the door cards from the window switch lights.

I did make a few sets but havent listed them in shop as i dont have time to produce anymore yet, give me a couple days i will see what gear i have left to knock up some more

I have a couple of plug and play wiring looms made up but i am out of light fittings at the moment
Will get some more ordered when i have chance, the standard aftermarket LED fittings are white or i can get some small red LED panels to go in them (@StudleyGlass has these) the blue LEDs i bought are not very bright so think i need to find something better in blue (unless anyone wants a subtle blue effect)
What colours are people after ??
I realise now that most people who had them want an extra couple to replace steplights as well so they all match, if people can give me an idea of colour/quantity i will get stuff ordered up but working out of town for the next two weeks so wont have much time to make more wiring so looking like a week or two into March until i get more ready to go

Just to confirm i got some more fittings ordered and will get a few more sets prepared when they arrive
Will update this thread and add them to the shop as and when ready

Just to confirm i got some more fittings ordered and will get a few more sets prepared when they arrive

Yes please @Pauly red ones for me please. Shall I PM you about them or will you remember?

@Pauly
Is it possible to just purchase the plug and play loom bits, as i have some old lights out of my Bora which look as if they will fit.
Cheers

This is the item number for. EBay
301082604891 .
I got all my interior led's from here it's
Travelinlite if you want to search him
I sent him a question to ask which fitted he sent me the item above ,I wasn't sure so
I also spoke to him as this listing is for side lights ,but he said they fit and also the same fitting for footwell lights .
So far all led's I have fitted from them have be spot on ,and a nice white colour aswell .

Back