AdBlue Software Update from Dealership.

mackmaya

Hi all, apparently there is a new recall for certain t6's , new software update effecting regens and adblu usage??

Just been on t6 Facebook and apparently it's a certain batch, a couple including me have checked and don't need it doing , registered on 3.10.17 , 67 plate.

I posted on the end of another thread but given Dellmassive's questions, I'll post this as a separate thread.

I've had an intermittent fault with the Adblue sensor, which means the light comes on and it goes off to the dealership for them to turn it off. They now have the software upgrade but my light has come on again inside two weeks and after a longer drive up the M6.

The dealership (who I'm very happy with) have said it's the same fault, they can't redo the fix as the software is up-to-date and so want to take it in for a few days. They say it might be the dpf...

It's my daily driver as I have many dogs, so it's a right PITA...a diddly courtesy car doesn't quite cut it and I don't have an appropriate dog crate anymore as I've built one under a bed in the van. Whinge.

Evening all,
We had the adblue update the other day, had to call out VW assist for an amber engine management light. This update will make the van consume more adblue and you get 8 free refills at any VW group dealership in compensation.
We don't feel this is enough. Has anyone managed to get anything else from VW as compensation?
Thanks

The 8 is the to make up the extra consumption not a replacement it will be 80-104 litres.

See how it goes but I haven’t noticed any difference so it’s a bonus.

yes I've just had the same.

I was advised by the service person, to let the adblue drop to 800 miles message, then take it in for the topup.

I'm not clear if this means any vw dealer (incl. Audi?) or just my usual vw van centre.

Anyone have answer to this question please?

Had the recall, dropped my level to 600 then went to my local VW dealer (3miles away) and they refused to fill it as they said it should be done by a commercial vw dealer so despite them telling me any VW dealer will do it, that’s obviously not the case so now it’s a 50 mile round trip so probably won’t use my 8 free top ups. As for using more adblue, it now loses @100 miles for every 50 that I do so thanks for f*** all VW!

Had the recall, dropped my level to 600 then went to my local VW dealer (3miles away) and they refused to fill it as they said it should be done by a commercial vw dealer so despite them telling me any VW dealer will do it, that’s obviously not the case so now it’s a 50 mile round trip so probably won’t use my 8 free top ups. As for using more adblue, it now loses @100 miles for every 50 that I do so thanks for f*** all VW!

Ah ok - I was always under the impression it would have to be a commercial dealer.

They told me we would be able to go to any of the VW Group centres - so Seat, Audi, Skoda or VW? Once it gets to 800 miles I'll go to one and let you all know what happens.

Is this just a case of turning up at VW dealer or is it a recall ??.
We called out VW assist as the van is still under warranty and they did the update on the driveway. Otherwise you could take it in to a van centre and they could do it there for you

We called out VW assist as the van is still under warranty and they did the update on the driveway. Otherwise you could take it in to a van centre and they could do it there for you
Many thanks for the reply. I will get it to the dealers.
Cheers

Evening all,
We had the adblue update the other day, had to call out VW assist for an amber engine management light. This update will make the van consume more adblue and you get 8 free refills at any VW group dealership in compensation.
We don't feel this is enough. Has anyone managed to get anything else from VW as compensation?
Thanks
i had the update carried out on my drive to by VW assist Now after 5 weeks of calling the garage and VW customer care they are refusing to reverse the update . i have now lost my mpg economy my t6 102 5 speed only manages 42 mpg cruising on motorways at 55mph NOT GOOD i used to get over 54mpg

Had my update by VW assist checked for latest version when EML light came on and went in to dealer they reset and cleaned - still waiting for it to come back on. No adverse on MPG from what I can see 37mpg at ahem 70mph + 10!! Fully loaded camper. Happy with that

Just had my update done today. Got the 8 free top ups as mentioned and a tin of mints lol

Back