Adblue /software version

Keith 81

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Evening all still having issues with my t6 had egr replaced yesterday still have the adblue error with MFD countdown would anybody know what the most up to date software is for my vehicle mine is ver 6163 I think

Attachments

• Scan-WV1ZZZ7HZGH098135-20220611-1228-130650km-81182mi.txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 38
still have the adblue error with MFD countdown
Could you please post a picture of the MFD countdown display.

Could you please make again VCDS engine (01) blockmap - apparently at the time of the blockmap at [More Adblue woes] the countdown was not active - remaining AdBlue range was then more than 10.000 km.

Could you please make VCDS blockmap of module 17-Instruments.

what the most up to date software is for my vehicle mine is ver 6163 I think
AFAIK your engine is up to date - SW: 04L 906 056 KA 6163 - (before update campaign in 2019-20 the software revision was 4047).

Adblue count down issue could be rodent damage on wire loom under van?

Tried to do an scr effeciency to clear the scr countdown but it wouldn't let me said aborted for safety reasons on vcds .I'm sick of this heap of junk .Here's latest scan an blockmap if anything stands out

Attachments

• blockmap-01-04L-906-056-KA_WV1ZZZ7HZGH098135-20220612-1108.CSV
    124.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Scan-WV1ZZZ7HZGH098135-20220612-1107-130690km-81207mi.txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: mmi
Puzzled here...

The engine thinks there is a lot of AdBlue and remaining range... (in the blockmap)

IDE03142 Remaining vehicle distance until reducing agent deficiency 9635.98 km
IDE10247 Reducing agent tank volume: act. value calculated 16.333 l
IDE10249 Reducing agent fill level sensor: act. value 122 mm

The last also in P204F freeze frame: Reducing agent fill level sensor: act. value: 124 mm

Could you please make also blockmap of module 17-Instruments - there seem to be a couple of possibly related measurement blocks?

I will get blockmap data for instruments when I get home .I've noticed some odd data in the blockmap data above the . Distance travelled with mil light /reducing agent dosing quantity and Nox sensor nox1 all have values of 65535 doesn't that seem odd

Also still getting egr insufficient flow even though I have replaced it no leaks anywhere or anything any ideas ?

Is the Blockmap showing the adblue level dropping?

Chewed sensor cables under van...?

Yeah think the sensor is reading ok I think it's an error in the adblue system more than the level sensor

.I've noticed some odd data in the blockmap data above the . Distance travelled with mil light /reducing agent dosing quantity and Nox sensor nox1 all have values of 65535 doesn't that seem odd

Distance travelled with mil light
Yes, agreed - it's odd. However, I have no data (=no logs with emission light on) how it should look. Anyways 65535 as a binary number have all bits set.

reducing agent dosing quantity
A kind of disagree - in my logs from several engines it's always 655.35 g (more than 100 blockmaps checked)

Nox sensor nox1
I believe you mean this one "NOx11:65535 ppm / NOx21:---"

Disagree. The engine had been running only 35 seconds at the moment of the reading. The NOx sensor needs to up to operating temperature to report meaningful values - which typically takes more than 10 minutes of driving. The same applies to a couple of other sensors/readings - e.g. soot particle sensor.

Related to the above also "NOx sensor after SCR catalytic converter: supply voltage" stays at 0V till sensor has warmed up.

A couple of observations:

Particulate oil ash mass is only 5.59 grams which implies either the DPF has been replaced approx. 10000 miles ago, or the ash accumulation counter has been reset.

The following values are realistic and very similar to my logs
Reducing agent pump module relative press.: calculated​
Reducing agent tank volume: act. value calculated​
Reducing agent supply pump: offset factor calculated​
Reducing agent fill level sensor: act. value​
Reducing agent return pump: adapted displacement​
Reducing agent supply pump: measured resistance​
Operatingn hour reducing agent system: flawless​

However, a couple of odd ones
Reducing agent system debounce distance - would expect to be "0" based on my logs​
SCR inducem system status-inducement system active - would expect to be "not actice"​
Thus, really interested to see how&what is logged about AdBlue status in the 17-Instruments.​
Yeah think the sensor is reading ok I think it's an error in the adblue system more than the level sensor

Agreed - looks like a "real" fault (instead of false alarms of the old software). Perhaps the AdBlue injector is clogged/damaged (any work done on the DPF)?​

Yes, agreed - it's odd. However, I have no data (=no logs with emission light on) how it should look. Anyways 65535 as a binary number have all bits set.

A kind of disagree - in my logs from several engines it's always 655.35 g (more than 100 blockmaps checked)

I believe you mean this one "NOx11:65535 ppm / NOx21:---"

Disagree. The engine had been running only 35 seconds at the moment of the reading. The NOx sensor needs to up to operating temperature to report meaningful values - which typically takes more than 10 minutes of driving. The same applies to a couple of other sensors/readings - e.g. soot particle sensor.

Related to the above also "NOx sensor after SCR catalytic converter: supply voltage" stays at 0V till sensor has warmed up.

A couple of observations:

Particulate oil ash mass is only 5.59 grams which implies either the DPF has been replaced approx. 10000 miles ago, or the ash accumulation counter has been reset.

The following values are realistic and very similar to my logs
Reducing agent pump module relative press.: calculated​
Reducing agent tank volume: act. value calculated​
Reducing agent supply pump: offset factor calculated​
Reducing agent fill level sensor: act. value​
Reducing agent return pump: adapted displacement​
Reducing agent supply pump: measured resistance​
Operatingn hour reducing agent system: flawless​

However, a couple of odd ones
Reducing agent system debounce distance - would expect to be "0" based on my logs​
SCR inducem system status-inducement system active - would expect to be "not actice"​
Thus, really interested to see how&what is logged about AdBlue status in the 17-Instruments.​

Agreed - looks like a "real" fault (instead of false alarms of the old software). Perhaps the AdBlue injector is clogged/damaged (any work done on the DPF)?​
Apologies mate heres the blockmap data thanks for the continued help

Attachments

• blockmap-17-7E0-920-970-L_WV1ZZZ7HZGH098135-20220613-1803.CSV
    31.1 KB · Views: 4
With regards to Nox sensor values I've just tried live data reading after getting home and got this

PXL_20220613_172337774.jpg

Apologies mate heres the blockmap data thanks for the continued help
Thank you very much!

Quite a discrepancy in remaining AdBlue range what Instruments sees (450 km) vs. what engine reports (9635 km).
Also marked with red/yellow other not normal values - obviously the AdBlue Warning is stored here.

1655143478282.png

Interesting why/how the Instruments has taken a separate path. Possibly the "flags" below from engine are the cause :unsure:

ENG110382-ENG20519SCR inducem system status-deviation of reagent consumptionCONSUMP_DEVIATION
ENG110382-ENG20518SCR inducem system status-incorrect reagentINCORR_REAG
ENG110382-ENG20516SCR inducem system status-inducement system activeactive

Just remains the mystery what's the root cause -

As I see it my next plan of attack will be check the adblue injector is functioning and check adblue in the tank with refractometer does that sound about right ?

With regards to Nox sensor values I've just tried live data reading after getting home and got this

View attachment 160498
If interested to log NOx sensor with a couple of related parameters (exhaust temps, air flow, etc)

VCDS > Select Control Module > Engine > Adv. Meas. Values
tick "Group UDS Requests by 7" (greatly enhances sampling rate)
1673195218015.png

then tick the following data channels:

IDE00021 Engine RPM
IDE00075 Vehicle speed
IDE00347 Air mass: actual value
IDE04090 Exhaust temperature bank 1
IDE04098 NOx-sensor
IDE07757 Exhaust recirc.valve 1 bank 1: posit.feedback - Actual value
IDE09009 NOx sensor after SCR catalytic converter: supply voltage
IDE10241 Reducing agent pump module relative press.: calculated
IDE10248 Reducing agent supply pump: offset factor calculated
IDE09017 NOx sens.dwnstrm.SCR cat conv: NOx conc.
IDE10817 Lambda value at inlet of particulate filter
IDE11219 Reducing agent inj. quantity: spec. value

EDIT: Alternatively could use attached preset-file to load the data channels (need to have .u01 extension, thus remove ".txt"from file name. Load the preset-file by using menu found in top left corner of full data channel listing.
Load_preset.png

Click on Log to start logging.

and take the van for 30 minute drive. Disable Stop/start. Preferably some driving at no faster than 50-60 mph.

The result file will be in the ...Logs -folder

I'm definitely interested to see if (or not) the NOx sensor doesn't wake up. Actually by recording also AdBlue injection (commanded) I'm hoping we could see something about injector behaviour. Thus my working theory is if commanded (specified) values (pressure, injected quantity) go up without reduction of NOx levels - it would indicate clogged injector. However, never had a chance prove if this theory actually works.

Attachments

• AdBlue.u01.txt
    120 bytes · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back