Software up to date?

Unimog

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I continue to have have problems with the yellow engine warning symbol appearing on my van.
Vw changed number 3 cylinder pressure sensor and cleaned the egr. All well then 200 miles later the yellow engine light is back. While at the dealer they wanted to upgrade the Adblue software which I chose not to do as it would mean loosing my engine remap.

Now I have the Management light back on I am considering having the software update.

But, according to Vcds I have the latest VW update ( HO2 6167). Would this include the Adblue update or is the Adblue an additional patch?

I’m afraid I don’t know about the factory software and versions on this. However I would take all VW updates and then get your software reflashed afterwards.

Is they away to tell if my vans software is up to date with out going to main dealer?

Engine
Part #: 03L906019GQ
Component: R42,0L EDC
Software version: 8440
ASAM/ODX identifier:
EV_ECM20TDI01103L906019GO
Coding: 01194012232401080000 (hex)
[No fault codes]
ABS
Part #: 7E0907379P
Component: ESC
Software version: 0132
ASAM/ODX identifier:

3B9B1DEB-9AED-441D-A441-7E7750DB44E6.jpeg

Recently got the yellow engine warning symbol up too.

Carista showed fault code P040100 and was able to clear it last week using Carista (today it won’t let me, or give any fault code details, unless I sign up for the Pro version!).

The van is doing regular re-gens, and Carista showed the current soot level as 6gms.

The engine software version is 4047. (2017 102ps 5 speed manual Highline converted panel van). Does this need to be updated? Can this only be done by a main dealer?

The van is out of warranty, and I have been using a well-recommended indy garage for the last couple of years.

I am guessing that this is likely to be the EGR valve clogging up?!

The engine software version is 4047. (2017 102ps 5 speed manual Highline converted panel van). Does this need to be updated? Can this only be done by a main dealer?
There is an update available - version 6163.
1663950535226.png
The update should cure a few niggles - mainly fault P20EE and sudden AdBlue range drop (to 1000 km/650 miles).

A before/after comparison here:

Carista (today it won’t let me, or give any fault code details, unless I sign up for the Pro version!).
You can use Carista dongle with other apps, too. E.g. Android/iOS app "Car Scanner" seems to be very good at reading T6 fault codes - even the free version can do that. Though never tried clearing the faults but can't see why it wouldn't work as well.
1663952141289.png
A slight inconvenience might be the missing descriptions in plain language. However, Google or T6Forum will help, the latter as preferred. However, the codes are actually "raw" VW codes (some of) which can be mapped to generic OBD Pxxxx codes. Quite often these "raw" codes actually pinpoint the actual problem much more accurately than generic P-codes.

1st tip: for T6 use Connection profile Volkswagen > OBD-II/EOBD Diesel DPF var. 1.
2nd tip: tick only engine for fault code reading (much faster than scanning all controllers (possibly even non-existing))

Hi,

Please can you let me know if I need to get the van looked at. It regens 2 or 3 times per tank, which seems too often.
It's a 2016 T30 Highline DGS 2.0 150
I looked on Carista and got the following-:

CAN network gateway
Part #: 7E0909901
Component: GW-K-CAN TP20
Software version: 0744
ASAM/ODX identifier: [none]
Coding: 042307 (hex)
[No fault codes]

Engine
Part #: 04L906056KG
Component: R4 2.0l TDI
Software version: 3771
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_ECM20TDI03004L906056KG
Coding: 00254014432501090000 (hex)
[No fault codes]

The DPF is Soot Level is 15.8 grams.
Average mpg is 31, I do most driving at 55 mph, and I drive like I'm taking eggs to market. It is camper converted, running 18" tyres, so heavier than a standard van.

It would be nice to know if a previous owner mapped it as well.

Any help much appreciated.

It regens 2 or 3 times per tank, which seems too often.
Looks normal to me.
Engine
Part #: 04L906056KG
Component: R4 2.0l TDI
Software version: 3771
Software version is the original one from factory. For this engine latest version is 6168.

The DPF is Soot Level is 15.8 grams.
For your engine the soot level is approx. at 6 grams just after DPF regeneration and at 24 grams just before DPF regeneration - thus 15.8 grams tells only that the van is halfway through the next DPF regen (thus 8.2 grams to go).

It would be nice to know if a previous owner mapped it as well.
VCDS or OBDeleven can extract that information.
Or VW :whistle:

Thank you very much for the excellent reply!

I'll have a look at the release notes and see if it's worth reflashing the new version.
I'll also see if my local friendly garage can check for 'map-fiddling'.

Oh heck, just been reading threads on adblue issues and software versions, etc. Maybe I should just leave it as is and accept that 31 mpg average is okay.

Couple of general questions, and apologies if these are taking the thread off course:
How much is the typical dealer charge for a software update?
With a remapped van (I have a Pendle remap) is the only way to handle this to pay another visit to a Pendle agent post software update? (I have no idea if Pendle keep individual remap files, so potentially a full remap session would be required, with its attendant cost?)
Mainly curiosity on my part - I don't know if I have the latest software but do have a periodic engine warning light issue.

Back