Adblue range on MFD

@mmi thanks for your reply, I've got the van booked in to a VW commercial dealer here in Glasgow so not sure if I'll see the readout but will post if I do.
Expecting a bit of a rinsing but even getting a slot on day one has been a result unless this is just the baiting of the hook!
Just looked at your reply again and I'll take a picture of the mfd display. :whistle:

@mmi thanks for your reply, I've got the van booked in to a VW commercial dealer here in Glasgow so not sure if I'll see the readout but will post if I do.
Expecting a bit of a rinsing but even getting a slot on day one has been a result unless this is just the baiting of the hook!
Just looked at your reply again and I'll take a picture of the mfd display. :whistle:
If you’ve overfilled it, I’d do a couple of thousand miles before doing anything. I did exactly the same & it sorted itself out when the level in the tank dropped. The sensor in the tank is an ultrasonic type & needs a minimum gap between the face of the sensor & the surface of the liquid in order to work.

Mfd says no...
IMG20230725101406.jpg
Couldn't press the button quick enough to get the low Adblu engine start defy warning but that flashes up at random when the engine is running.
Camper is in Lookers, Bailleston, Glasgow now and I've had the don't buy value brand Adblu use only cold filtered, finest quality, small batch imported VW pigs wee and don't overfill lecture despite trying to get across the point that after 4 years ownership and 20 odd thousand miles this is a case of the tank no longer recalibrating after being topped up... it's going to be painful no doubt.

Reactions: mmi
How much AdBlue did you put in?
For the system to properly register the filled amount there is a threshold (of approx. 4 litres).

Hi chaps, this has been covered before, but there was no conclusion to the thread i read.
A while back i overfilled my adblue, I've had 6500 miles range displayed since i overfilled, , i ve been waiting to see if the range comes down, but havvnt even done a full tank yet so the jurys out, it comes down in 500 mile increments someone said.
The weird thing is tonight the range just disapeared, one minuite it was there, then it was gone.
I've sat in the van for literally an hour twatting about with it, every box in the MFD menu is ticked, no mention anywhere about adblue, not a thing, its driving me nuts.
Why make something thats so important, so bloody hard to find!?? Very odd.
Any help greatfully received.

Have you tried scrolling through the settings on steering wheel up or down it takes you through fuel consumption, speed your travelling at and adblue readings.

John.

IMG_1165.jpeg

Can't help but interested from the other angle. Have had adblue deleted so I get ---- as the range on my display (reached as per John's instructions scrolling the MFD). A bit of a give away to the garage if they look so I would like to remove the adblue notification from the MFD if I can (T6, 2017).

I had a recent issue where the Engine Management Light and AdBlue warning error popped up on start-up (check AdBlue) but the on-board computer was telling me it had 14,500 miles of AdBlue range left. Confused, yes indeed, especially as I knew there was enough AdBlue in the tank after adding some a few weeks ago.

As an Airbag error message was also appearing I called VW Assist to check both errors. Very friendly / helpful VW Assist chap did his diagnostics and concluded it was a faulty "Adblue Delivery Module". He ordered it and came back the following day to replace the module. Now seems fine, no engine management light or error message and the AdBlue range is now showing 13,500 miles after a 750 mile return trip up to Glasgow and back last weekend. The van is also driving more smoothly in terms of pick-up, noise etc. So it could be that this is impacting others with AdBlue issues?

Ok, so it was me being a newbie muppet, guy on FB shiwed me, i was scrolling up and down from the wrong start screen, ill put it down to working in the sun all day.
Im probably the wrong person to ask about actually removing the whole notification, prob only a problem at mot time no? And would they notice? All this emissions crap is a pain in the arse, makes me want to go back to euro 5!

I would start by checking the actual level the AdBlue sensor is seeing and also the remaining AdBlue range in the ECU.
These can be extracted from the ECU by using e.g. VCDS, OBDeleven, perhaps even Carista nowadays has included those in live data.

Also would be more than useful to verify engine's software is up to date - please post "Detailed ECU info"-report (under Carista Service menu).
I have OBDeleven. What do I look at to check the actual levels?

Also, the original poster stated his pinged 650 miles after going around a roundabout. My van is parked on a relatively steep camber on the road (passenger side is the low side). I put 10 litres in less than 1000 miles agao. Was merely counting down from 5000 miles but then last week at 4000 miles it suddently pinged to 650 (with no siuggested top up amount) Is parking on a slope causing me a problem?

I have OBDeleven. What do I look at to check the actual levels?

OBDeleven > Control Units > Engine > Live data
> Reducing agent fill level sensor actual value​
> Remaining vehicle distance until reducing agent deficiency​
> Reducing agent tank volume actual value calculated​
Please compare with
OBDeleven > Control Units > Dashboard > Live data
> Urea operating range​
See also post

Is parking on a slope causing me a problem?
Not likely.

@mmi
Reducing agent sensor fill level actual value = 4.291in
Remaining vehicle distance= 5166.94 miles

Dashboard Urea operating range - 215.61 miles
MFD displays 500 mile range (no advice on fill quantity)

• Wow
Well. I don't know if it was me faffing round with this data but while driving back home the AdBlue has reverted to 5500 miles.

Bizarre that the dashboard figure was 216 even though the MFD range was 500

@mmi
Reducing agent sensor fill level actual value = 4.291in
Remaining vehicle distance= 5166.94 miles

Dashboard Urea operating range - 215.61 miles
Reducing agent sensor fill level actual value = 4.291in = 109 mm
I would say that the sensor is reading the level correctly.

Remaining vehicle distance= 5166.94 miles = 8315 km
Also the engine is counting the remaining range based on the AdBlue level.

Dashboard Urea operating range - 215.61 miles = 347 km

This is still a bit of mystery why and how the remaining range is distorted at dashboard???

Has the engine software been updated?

The software information can be seen in: OBDeleven > Control Units > Engine > Info

What can I do to stop it?
Wish I knew... engine software update?

Exactly the same here now.
Remaining distance 8550.
Fill level 109.

But dash still saying 550 miles till engine stop.

Just hope it fixes itself soon like happened with @doningtonphil

• Wow
Back