Adblue topup and Inspection Due

shaiboyuk

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi,

So in the last couple of days the blow messages have came one dash...
20210811_163440.jpg20210811_163428.jpg

Whats needed for inspection? Van has done just over 5k and is 1.5 years old. Can it just be cleared?

Also adblue, I've heard different stories about about filling and waiting till its down to 1000 miles range then put 10l of adblue in. But the min it says is 2.25 gal which is over 10l.... what i do?

And advice greatly appreciated

Thanks
Paul

Hi,

View attachment 126841View attachment 126842

Whats needed for inspection? Van has done just over 5k and is 1.5 years old. Can it just be cleared?

Also adblue, I've heard different stories about about filling and waiting till its down to 1000 miles range then put 10l of adblue in. But the min it says is 2.25 gal which is over 10l.... what i do?

Thanks
Paul
I am no help what so ever. I will be waiting to find out what to do as well. Good question. Cheers

You can clear the inspection warning yourself if you are happy to do so.
I think I found out how either in the manual or on YouTube.

Make sure you put in at least the minimum AdBlue advised by the dash warning,and follow the instructions in the manual as you do so.

Pete

Hi,

Thanks
Paul
I am no help what so ever. I will be waiting to find out what to do as well. Good question. Cheers
For the inspection light, put your hazards on, press the bottom right button on your MFD (the one that zero’s the trip counter), then turn ignition so it’s on (but don’t start the engine); you’ll now have the option of resetting it.

The Inspection message is reminding you that an Inspection Service is due.
If you don’t comply with the VW Service Schedule the vans warranty could be compromised.
If the schedule isn’t correct notify VW.

The Inspection message is reminding you that an Inspection Service is due.
If you don’t comply with the VW Service Schedule the vans warranty could be compromised.
If the schedule isn’t correct notify VW.

Its not due a service (oil) until December. Is this service different?

Hi,

Thanks
Paul
It tells you how much to put in, what's there not to understand ?

For the inspection light, put your hazards on, press the bottom right button on your MFD (the one that zero’s the trip counter), then turn ignition so it’s on (but don’t start the engine); you’ll now have the option of resetting it.
You are kidding right? That’s more elaborate than a funny handshake!!

What's the MFD?

Resetting Inspection

If the inspection was not performed by a Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles workshop. it can be reset as follows:

Vehicles with text display: (MFD)
Switch off the ignition.
Switch on the hazard warning lights.
Press and hold down the [o.o/SET] button in the instrument cluster.
Restart the ignition.
Release the [o.o/SET] button.
Confirm the selection on the instrument cluster by pressing the [OK/RESET] button on the wiper lever or the [OK] button on the multifunction steering wheel.
Switch off the hazard warning lights.

Vehicles without text display:
Switch off the ignition.
Press and hold down the [o.o/SET] button in the Instrument cluster.
Restart the ignition.
Release the [o.o/SET] button and press the [menu/clock] button within approximately 20 seconds.

So topped up the Adblue, it said on MFD "min 2.25 gal - max 2.5 gal" and had 1400 miles range still.
So I put in 11L of adblue, turned on ignition, but did not start engine, and right away range went upto 6000 miles, left ignition on for around a minute before turning off. So seem good :)

Yes, the Inspection Service is different to the Oil Change Service, search on the Forum or read the Handbook

So contacted dealer, last service was done at 1 year old and only 1800 miles. Van is 1.5 years old now and just over 5000 miles, so not even due an "Inspection" service until 2 years old. So at 2 years will get Oil change service and "Inspection" service.

That sound about right? Sounds like the inspection counter wasn't reset at delivery point.
If so will reset "Inspection" service either on dash or via vcds.

Thanks

Resetting Inspection

If the inspection was not performed by a Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles workshop. it can be reset as follows:

Vehicles with text display: (MFD)
Switch off the ignition.
Press and hold down the [o.o/SET] button in the instrument cluster.
Restart the ignition.
Release the [o.o/SET] button.
Confirm the selection on the instrument cluster by pressing the [OK/RESET] button on the wiper lever or the [OK] button on the multifunction steering wheel.

Vehicles without text display:
Switch off the ignition.
Press and hold down the [o.o/SET] button in the Instrument cluster.
Restart the ignition.
Release the [o.o/SET] button and press the [menu/clock] button within approximately 20 seconds.
Thanks Loz, just used your instructions to re-set the inspection display!

Back