A Sad Day - #gutted -

@Dellmassive Being as the word Vivaro keeps popping up in another thread, it reminded me that you had the use of one at the moment, and wondered how you found it?
I've mixed opinions on the hire van..... but it deserves a more detailed review.... so I'll Do That when I get a chance.

Lol... love Hotel T more than the kids do ......

Indeed... though one thing..

Where was the blah blah blah bit above ?
The latest one is my granddaughters current favourite film. I don’t know how many times I’ve seen it now but I passed double figures long ago :D

Interesting to hear about you having to pay the VAT and you claim back, why is this? Surely the contract you have is with the insurance company, so you pay them, their contract is then with the repairer, so they should then be liable for that no?

Interesting to hear about you having to pay the VAT and you claim back, why is this? Surely the contract you have is with the insurance company, so you pay them, their contract is then with the repairer, so they should then be liable for that no?
Yes. You would think so.

Thought it's been the same story over the years with different company's... due to being VAT reg I always have to pay the vat. Dunno why. Maybe someone else who understands these things can advise better.

Yes. You would think so.

Thought it's been the same story over the years with different company's... due to being VAT reg I always have to pay the vat. Dunno why. Maybe someone else who understands these things can advise better.

I'm curious if this is an insurance ploy or if it's the correct way to go about this, there's no VAT payable on insurance right? so would they lose out by paying the repairer? surely that can't be right, if i was not VAT registered and by a product or service which was subject to VAT, like many others you just write it off. bloody insurers, win win for them every time! did you look into it further?

Standard practice AFAIK, if it’s a commercial policy this is the norm
The same applies if you have to have the windscreen replaced, insurer pays the net cost for screen and you have to pay your screen excess (typically around £50-100) plus the vat on the whole job
It’s worse when your not vat registered and you can’t claim it back !

i still dont get it . . . but its always been that way.

VAT Input Tax basics: insurance claims

Insurers cannot recover any VAT incurred in obtaining replacement goods or having repairs carried out for a policy holder. The supply of goods (or services in the case of repairs) is considered to be made to the policy holder. This is so even when payment is made directly to the supplier by the insurer.

source: VIT13500 - VAT Input Tax - HMRC internal manual - GOV.UK

and

VAT and Insurance claims implications explained - LicensedTransportUncovered.com

That's a beautiful thing to see.

I think there's going to be a very Merry Christmas in the Massive household now. Nice one.

Merry Christmas!

Heres some more. . . . . .

so if you remember the side was all caved in with the B-pillar damaged to, plus the door and side mirror.

20181219_153053.jpg 20181219_153055.jpg 20181219_153217.jpg 20181219_153303.jpg 20181219_153304.jpg

as you can see, the job looks perfect.

the paintwork is unnoticeable from the original factory job.

Not only have they fitted all the correct sport-line kit like the carbon fiber mirror cover . . . . . but they have fitted the stickers too!!

those wernt factory i bought them off eBay!

and then there was more, the carbon mirror covers come as a pair, so they gave me the other one . . . . very nice.

Then there was the secondary door seal that i bought from the forum shop . . . . . . . . they replaced that as well!!!

these guys were impressing me muchly, then the guy come out and gave me a envelope with the other sportline sticker as they come as a pair too. =]

They had refitted all my black door cards and door hardware with my Blamo speakers.

and the list goes on . . . . . . .

So who are these amazing "VW Comercial approved" repairers?

Brian Robson Coachworks

Unit 2C
Brick Knoll Park
Ashley Road
St. Albans
Hertfordshire AL1 5UG

Brian Robson Coachworks - car body repair experts in St Albans

20181219_150757.jpg 20181219_155054.jpg 20181219_150757.jpg 20181219_154847.jpg 20181219_154852.jpg

lets have a look at the inside of the repair job.

heres what it looks like behind the ply . . . . .

20181221_144702.jpg 20181221_144706.jpg 20181221_144724.jpg 20181221_144728.jpg 20181221_144729.jpg

and now we start to rebuild the back . . . . .

20181221_150548.jpg

Now lets have a look at some paperwork.

The booklet was VW stamped and looked legit, which was nice.

They confirmed that the original VW warranty was unaffected as the repair was VW approved and only used Genuine VW parts =]

20181223_225938.jpg 20181223_225950.jpg 20181223_230008.jpg

now for some nuts and bolts . . . . .

what was done and how.

and then howmuch?

InkedImage (284)_LI.jpg

InkedImage (285)_LI.jpg

Image (286).jpg

Image (287).jpg

Total cost £12,844.32 for the repair.

then 5/6 weeks of that Vaux Van hire.

so far all i have had to pay is the VAT on the above repair,

Back