A Sad Day - #gutted -

Looks like a cracking job @Dellmassive. Silver is an awful colour to match, and it's often obvious when it's had paintwork, but looks like they've done a perfect job. It's also nice to see they gave you all the spare parts they didn't use, because little things like that, make a difference to people like us.

Ok, you would of preferred the whole saga didn't happen in the first place, but a really good ending mate.

@Dellmassive
Looks mint fella, so glad to see someone who care about what they do ! Clearly look like they do ! I've added them to my address book already

Marry Christmas

So pleased for you that this has worked out in the end.

It's just a shame we don't get compensated for all the hassle it inevitably generates.

Looks like a good job, I bet they went the extra mile because it must be nice to do a decent van instead of mundane Trannies/Vivaro's etc.

The lads that service our fleet of old sh*t boxes love it when I take my bus in for an oil change, they are all big VW Transporter fans and fight over doing the work on it.

well yesterday was the first official day back at work since getting the van back....

apart from a few low battery charge issues we are all good.

and to celebrate, here are a couple of pics. =]

apart20190105_085711.jpg 20190105_085726.jpg 20190105_090608.jpg

Last edited:
How often in life can you say you're ever that pleased with a body shop visit, especially on insurance. Even if the body work has been done well, they usually come back full of dust/debris and fingerprints everywhere as a minimum. My last job, small cosmetic mark correction on a boot lid. Came back with 3 scratches on the rear wing where boot lid removed, boot catch / lock broken, warning triangle mounting bracket on boot lid underside broken ... delivered back to me like that :eek:

Great result after an awful experience :thumbsup:

If the vehicle is subject to Vat then you pay the Vat.

If you are Vat registered but the vehicle was bought privately then you pay no Vat.

Here is something not a lot of people know - if you have a Non Fault accident and get a like for like free hire vehicle, you have to still pay the vat on the total hire bill and then claim that back.

Reactions: XZO
Insuarnce companies really bug me but that's another story.
So glad to hear your van was repaired properly. Still OK I hope.

Mine is a Caravelle 68plate and not subject to VAT but I take your point re the above post.

The van Is great with no related bodywork / repair issues.......so far =)

Insuarnce companies really bug me but that's another story.
So glad to hear your van was repaired properly. Still OK I hope.

Mine is a Caravelle 68plate and not subject to VAT but I take your point re the above post.
I am a share holder of an insurance company and would love to hear why we bug you - Im trying to do things differently and so some good honest feedback would be good to hear.

I am a share holder of an insurance company and would love to hear why we bug you - Im trying to do things differently and so some good honest feedback would be good to hear.
Why? Is this a serious question? I imagine part of the response is the game of every renewal time the massive hike in premium followed bu the trawling if comparison sites to get a much lower quote, flowed by the telephone call and answer f oh yes we can reduce our quote and match that. Piss take very Year.

Why? Is this a serious question? I imagine part of the response is the game of every renewal time the massive hike in premium followed bu the trawling if comparison sites to get a much lower quote, flowed by the telephone call and answer f oh yes we can reduce our quote and match that. Piss take very Year.

Well said that man!! @Skyliner33

Even when they do choose to lower it, I never have and NEVER will accept it. They should be bending over backwards for a loyal customer!

I have a lot of pertinent and factual information about insurance companies, the way they operate and manager customers, suppliers and insurance partners. Manage their IT systems, product updates, and for some their philosophy on customer service.

I'd be interested to know whether you work for an underwriter, which insurance sector, whether you are a broker, white label partner, use aggregator sites, registered in the UK [some insurance companies like to be registered in places like Gibraltar, IoM, etc].

If you are genuinely interested I'd be interested to hear from you.

Would you prefer a policy that simply renewed every 30 day, no big hikes in price, no lengthy 12 month contracts?!

I have a lot of pertinent and factual information about insurance companies, the way they operate and manager customers, suppliers and insurance partners. Manage their IT systems, product updates, and for some their philosophy on customer service.

I'd be interested to know whether you work for an underwriter, which insurance sector, whether you are a broker, white label partner, use aggregator sites, registered in the UK [some insurance companies like to be registered in places like Gibraltar, IoM, etc].

If you are genuinely interested I'd be interested to hear from you.

We are group of companies comprised of an underwriter, a broker and a claims management company.

As a broker we sell direct and through aggregator sites. We sell both commercial and personal policies and are new to the industry, born out of a desire to not follow the trend but to very much start a trend.

Would you prefer a policy that simply renewed every 30 day, no big hikes in price, no lengthy 12 month contracts?!

Which could be more expensive, create possible calculation issued with NCB and MTA considerations. And lovely negotiations with the base underwriter, I can see their faces now, …… It would mess with their policy and risk analysis, I can see much head shaking!!

Seriously though, I have seen some variant approaches in the past and some can work, look at the older Elephant 10 months policy for a years NCB, etc

Back