A Sad Day - #gutted -

eeek and a good job you haven't done a full interior conversion in the rear of this van....
Yes indeed . . . . though it was all racked out.

we had to strip it all down and took out the ply-lining to make it easier for the assessors etc.... i dont want them to right-it-off as ill never get my money back.

I hope I never end up in that situation, my hair would fall out!
I guess that 99% of the vehicles on the roads these days are just that, vehicles. No emotional attachment, or sentiment involved. Most wouldn't care, and probably want their own vehicle written off with the hope they'd get another one. (plus a hire vehicle that's often better than the one they owned themselves)
It's only the small percentage of certain vehicles, including VW Transporters that have this attachment, and the thought of someone else taking responsibility for our pride and joy is a total headache, so I can see and understand your vigilance when doing your checking.
I just hope it gets fixed, and handed back to you in a satisfactory condition, and you don't have any unforeseen issues afterwards.

- Update -

been chasing the legal team about all this today. . . . . . . it taking AGES!!!

it seems we are still waiting for the 3rd party - blah blah blah.

But the engineer report is in . . . . . . . . . . . and as above its looking like £12k worth of repair alone.

and an estimated repair duration of 18 -20 days !!!!

Jeez

looks like our van wont be back till jan or feb at this rate . . . =[

- update -

The 3rd Party has finally admitted liability.. great news. Now the repair can start hopefully.

Good Morning Mr Dellmassive, Just an update to let you know we are just waiting on the engineers to provide authority for the repairers now that liability is accepted, we will continue to chase this and keep you updated. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask and feel free to call us or email us.
Kind Regards.

Ahh. That's your surname. I thought your name was Dell and you had a tendency to exaggerate.

That's got to be up there with cool surnames. I had a mate who's is Conquest, and I though his was uber cool. Along with my own obviously.
Lol

@Dellmassive Being as the word Vivaro keeps popping up in another thread, it reminded me that you had the use of one at the moment, and wondered how you found it?

nearly a month of waiting, during that time your van is in storage, your using a hire van, which I doubt is set up for your business and this when clearly not your fault, complete waste of time on insurance companies part, seems stupid that they couldn't authorise works to start as whoever is paying it still needs doing and getting back to you as quickly as possible.

On a side note I can't hear/read blah blah blah without thinking of the count in hotel Transylvania, hmm need to get out more

Happy to see you've still got a sense of humour mate, after this much messing around in not sure I would have

Lol... love Hotel T more than the kids do ......

Indeed... though one thing..

Where was the blah blah blah bit above ?

Lol... oh Yeh, and well done btw.

I'm hoping for an update soon Re the van..., hopefully the repairers have been instructed to start the job.

Back