A little wave makes you feel good.

Well guys I will be heading on down to Somerset Friday morning so if anyone sees me and Sid (the van that is), give me a big wave

Not going to lie.....I actually gave up with the Transporter wave on our recent long weekend to Pembrokeshire and back. After about 8 or so others didn't return a wave I just said f**k it, I'm not bothering. I'll just keep my attention on the road ahead from now on.

Okay, what are the rules of waving? When do you apply the one finger? Is it when the wave is not returned?
Do we not wave to T6.1? Have I committed blasphemy in doing so? Is it for T6 only our all VW campers? Should all forum members be easily identifiable by a bright orange sticker in the windscreen so we can flash and wave?

I got plenty of waves in Somerset. I even got a wave from a non vdub. I also managed to get in the end of a little convoy on the way home. Made my trip a lot nicer
Somerset is the best, friendly people and T20 champions again this season. Also my home. Up the Somerset!

Okay, what are the rules of waving? When do you apply the one finger? Is it when the wave is not returned?
Do we not wave to T6.1? Have I committed blasphemy in doing so? Is it for T6 only our all VW campers? Should all forum members be easily identifiable by a bright orange sticker in the windscreen so we can flash and wave?
Very tricky this for a first timer as wrong finger and facial expression might work for the All Blacks but could get you a slap.
I'm going to assume you mean the index finger raised while manfully wrangling the steering wheel ie multitasking wave but it has to look nonchalant not all furious concentration. :geek:
For an idea watch a few Lowdown Transporter videos on YouTube or any single episode of Bello's Kustoms where you can learn some SoCal locochon speak too.:inlove:

There are no rules just wave to every vdub haha. That’s what I do. I stopped feeling like a ninny years ago.

I won’t instigate, I will reciprocate in the T or Classic Porsche. I will nod on the bike despite being a little tiresome on sunny weekends, often feel like the Churchill Insurance advert dog. More than happy to chat about T’s, bikes, classic Porsches when parked up.

Too cool for school? :whistle:
I carry on with "The Wave" despite the often crushing defeat of being ignored by the target vehicle.
There is however a worse feeling than this and that is being an "ignoree" and not being able to undo that moment when you didn't return the weapons grade wave from one of those Lowdown Transporters gangstas despite practising many times for the rare possibility of just such an occasion.:geek:

Wimborne to Scotland that's going to be a lot of waving but in an effort to get the waves back into double figures you have to include all Ts from the splitty causing that 15 car tailback you're stuck in through to the ID Buzz. :thumbsup:

Back