A little wave makes you feel good.

Still miffed at how few return a wave although I initiate a wave mostly while SWMBO sniggers! Then today, as I dragged a train home from Cornwall (see pic!) and was concentrating on what the knob in front of me was doing, SWMBO tells me how a pretty woman waved and I failed to return the compliment!!! Apologies if that was you!

View attachment 207733
Apology accepted :inlove:

Driving to Cambridge over the last 12 hours I waved at T5 T6 ID Buzz and a couple of T2 vans. I saw a few wave at me first.

I drove to Cambridge from Edinburg on Thursda afternoon down the A1. Quite a few waves and returns.
Drove up this afternoon via the M6 & M74. Nor one van waved, missable bar stewards…

i was exiting Haverfordwest this week and waved at a couple in a White VW but got no response. Thought nothing of it but just around the corner there was a Police speed trap. Thankfully, thanks to my VCDS Digital speed mod, I knew i was driving within the speed limit, but i did think miserable buggers

You Transporter lot like to have a good wave, but Jeez, motorhomists are mad for it. Having borrowed one for a few days, I'd forgotten it was a thing. Needless to say, I only waved to those that I knew.

You Transporter lot like to have a good wave, but Jeez, motorhomists are mad for it. Having borrowed one for a few days, I'd forgotten it was a thing. Needless to say, I only waved to those that I knew.
Hire a Morris Minor and see what it’s like!!!

Went for our first proper 'family' outing yesterday and within 11 miles from home we got our first wave. Boofhead was annoying me so much with his 'talking' that although I saw the white VW coming towards me I did not register the wave but when my co-driver pointed it out with glee - I then felt like I had let that kind person down. So we then commenced an experiment for the next 40 miles and decided to only wave at VW campers. None replied. My co-driver has a Fiat 500 so her experiment of waving furiously at Fiat 500 drivers also didn't seem to work.
So to the man in the white VW camper - I am still new to this phenomenon.

Went for our first proper 'family' outing yesterday and within 11 miles from home we got our first wave. Boofhead was annoying me so much with his 'talking' that although I saw the white VW coming towards me I did not register the wave but when my co-driver pointed it out with glee - I then felt like I had let that kind person down. So we then commenced an experiment for the next 40 miles and decided to only wave at VW campers. None replied. My co-driver has a Fiat 500 so her experiment of waving furiously at Fiat 500 drivers also didn't seem to work.
So to the man in the white VW camper - I am still new to this phenomenon.
always a nice feeling when somebody waves back, no matter how many don't:waving:

I put a little blue garland up to let people know I’m DTW (Down To Wave). It’s always been pretty hit & miss whether said wave is reciprocated.

The knowing wave of acknowledgment between two people who each made solid choices when it came to purchasing a vehicle is a wonderful thing.

Equally, the feeling of rejection when it’s not, is bloody brutal.

Hope you get a flat :whistle:

Back