A little wave makes you feel good.

Gave a flash of the lights and a wave to a Poptopped T6 driver near Mansfield today. Nothing, just looked at me as though I'd asked his wife out! o_O
Just put it down to a dislike of 6.1's or that Mansfield got knocked out of the FA cup today!

Gave a flash of the lights and a wave to a Poptopped T6 driver near Mansfield today. Nothing, just looked at me as though I'd asked his wife out! o_O
Just put it down to a dislike of 6.1's or that Mansfield got knocked out of the FA cup today!
Some people have no clue!

Oh dear!

In I’d forgotten all about waving, having sold my T5GP about 7 years ago.

However, I’m back in the club having purchased a 2018 pure grey lwb kombi on Friday. So it came as a lovely surprise and memory when I got a little wave from a female cali driver near Derby on Saturday. Needless to say I waved the shit out of it back.

Thing is, I’ve not done anything to the van yet, I could have just as well hired it from Hertz. Maybe she was new, maybe it was because it was Saturday and I just looked like the sort of bloke who waves? It put a grin on my face, that’s for sure, and I think that is basically what these vehicles ultimately end up doing.

Now, to empty my bank account. Diesel heater install booked for Monday, re-map Tuesday, cruise control fitted and coded Thursday, then off to stay in it fri/sat. I’m hoping to get a bit of insulation in when I can and maybe fit arm rests, H7 headlights, bigger wheels and some internal LED’s in the meantime…. These vans are very addictive

Got a wave from an old T4 with all that 'crap' in the windows (garlands?) But maybe 1 wave back out of 10/15 vans/campers waved at I've the last week. It's getting worse!

Had to drop my camper back to fitters yesterday for some more work and as I drove the 5 junctions round the dreaded M25 I got waved at twice and also flashed headlights all good down south

Got a flash (…headlights…) and energetic wave from a Reflex Silver Kombi just outside of Huntingdon this morning. Great way to start the day. The power of the wave!

Got a wave from an old T4 with all that 'crap' in the windows (garlands?) But maybe 1 wave back out of 10/15 vans/campers waved at I've the last week. It's getting worse!
Definitely getting worse. One wave back last week and even that was half-hearted!

I'm so glad I found this thread, I was a biker and yes we all nodded and I've been on here reading peoples posts and you all seem like a great bunch. I have only just got my t6, had it converted in August and havent had a chance to actually camp out in it yet but I love it, it's been 20 years in the waiting and I've been waving at every one of you haha, I was in somerset two weekends ago and got two waves out of ten so not bad eh sorry about the essay.

@starstruck …. You’ve had it converted since August and you haven’t camped in it yet?!!!! You must be the sort that doesn’t get up on Christmas morning till 10
Haha. I know. I've actually been so busy with work and working weekends on course work etc that I just havent had a chance. And to be totally honest a little nervous, I'm a single female and dont go anywhere, had a few health issues and the van was for me to actually get a life. Go figure haha, was waiting for some better weather and my brain to kick into gear and just go for it.

@starstruck, you wave as much as you like mate, I normally lift the fingers of the steering wheel and give that winking nod, you know being a bloke that's cool!!! but my Mrs does a full on wave like she's waving a loved one off in a train station, in fact the other day when we took the grand kids out she was trying to start a bloody Mexican wave when she spotted a VW :mexican wave:

@starstruck, you wave as much as you like mate, I normally lift the fingers of the steering wheel and give that winking nod, you know being a bloke that's cool!!! but my Mrs does a full on wave like she's waving a loved one off in a train station, in fact the other day when we took the grand kids out she was trying to start a bloody Mexican wave when she spotted a VW :mexican wave:
Haha cheers, my kind of woman

Haha. I know. I've actually been so busy with work and working weekends on course work etc that I just havent had a chance. And to be totally honest a little nervous, I'm a single female and dont go anywhere, had a few health issues and the van was for me to actually get a life. Go figure haha, was waiting for some better weather and my brain to kick into gear and just go for it.
Man, I'm such a dick. I had it converted in November. Where the hell did I get August from, see I so need to get out more

@starstruck …. You’ve had it converted since August and you haven’t camped in it yet?!!!! You must be the sort that doesn’t get up on Christmas morning till 10
I replied to my own reply, jeez does it take long to figure out to use this forum haha, I was saying I really do need to get out, the van was converted in November not August. I have no idea where I got August from

Back