A little wave makes you feel good.

I often find myself waving at cyclists. :devil: :mad:

It’s usually when I go round a blind bend on a national speed limit road and nearly go up the backside of them, 3 abreast, all dressed up as Power Rangers.
Even though I'm a (non lycra wearing) cyclist, I agree. I often encounter them on the narrow lanes around here, deep in shouty conversation, completely oblivious to other road users - including other cyclists meeting them head on on blind corners!

Even though I'm a (non lycra wearing) cyclist, I agree. I often encounter them on the narrow lanes around here, deep in shouty conversation, completely oblivious to other road users - including other cyclists meeting them head on on blind corners!
Some chubby lycra dingbat nearly head-onned himself into my van the other week, came round a corner and he was looking at his phone and had drifted right across onto the wrong side of the road, luckily I saw him long before he saw us and we managed to come to almost a complete stop to give him time to swerve back over. You could tell when he looked up he was ready to go into his reflexive rage state until he realised what he'd just done. Still didn't wave to say sorry though because of course he wouldn't.

I tend to wave at almost anything that moves now after driving and MX5 for almost 10 years (we wave to each other too), driving my T6 for almost a year and being a cyclist for many years (we usually acknowledge each other on country roads). I also drive a BMW Touring and wave randomly while driving that when I forget what I'm driving.
Must confuse the hell out of other T6 and MX5 drivers at times. I know it confuses me :waving:
When I was in the cops before I retired I used to be driving along and flash the lights and wave at a passing cop car and my partner would be “mate we’re in a plain X5
Id be like ‘oh yeah I forgot’

When I was in the cops before I retired I used to be driving along and flash the lights and wave at a passing cop car and my partner would be “mate we’re in a plain X5
When I served in the filth, we played a game of getting a wave from the waterfairies (fire service) by raising an open palm upwards slowly, getting the wave from them, then pulling the sunshade down....really annoyed them apparantly and a small victory for us...

Ok I'll admit my "gangsta lean" is probably not as cool as it should be... limitations include the cruel reality of being a short balding 62 yr old but more importantly I can't actually recline the drivers seat much past bolt upright due to the fridge cupboard behind... yes my head is level with the bottom of the door glass but it's partially obscured by the door mirror so yep, nearly but not quite cool, I am hanging one handed onto the steering wheel though.
Note to self: I must make sure the door is closed BEFORE practising my “gangsta lean”!

When I served in the filth, we played a game of getting a wave from the waterfairies (fire service) by raising an open palm upwards slowly, getting the wave from them, then pulling the sunshade down....really annoyed them apparantly and a small victory for us...
That cracked me up! Cops always rip it out of the splash brigade!

Or waving at ambulances that turn out to be Ocado/Asda/Morrison’s delivery vans and then feeling a bit of a knob.

I have just driven down from Cheshire through Lincolnshire and into Norfolk. From Lincs onwards there were many T6 campers. The vast majority waved, from a casual finger or 2 off the wheel to full blown waves and headlight flashers. What a friendly bunch. All were instigated by them. By the time I arrived at the site I felt like one of those toy Chinese cats that constantly wave!

Back