8" or wider 20’s

andvan

Wheels I am after are currently only available in 19's with 8" wide. Was originally heading for 20's but stepped down to get what I wanted but now the drop to 8 as well and I am waivering. I see the can run with 245's which is probably okay but don't know a great deal on alloys. I was just down the "bigger the better" route originally. Am I loosing much with opting for these?

What do you think you might be losing? 19's at 8" are ideal with a 245 45 19 but only a 102 load rating so not technically suitable for a T32, you would need a 255 45 19 for a T32 still a good tyre size with plenty of choice. Don't think there's a T6 out there that would genuinely benefit from wheels wider than 8" from a practical point of view, but ultimately nobody can make the decision but you.

Likely I am losing nothing I am just used to larger on my cars although the last one had 245 front and 275 rear on 20's. I am just the jealous type when people here are posting up bigger wheels than me. I am ready to press the button and then just block all the other users who have bigger wheels than me. A well balanced solution I am thinking.

Have a look at Leighton Vans, they’ve got 20% off their LV1 alloys that are 20in staggered 9in and 9.5 I think but they fit them to all their vans

Have a look at Leighton Vans, they’ve got 20% off their LV1 alloys that are 20in staggered 9in and 9.5 I think but they fit them to all their vans

I like what they do and especially their new front splitter but not keen on the wheels. Think I will stick with the 19's I am liking.

I like what they do and especially their new front splitter but not keen on the wheels. Think I will stick with the 19's I am liking.
Fair enough, I suppose you could always put a set of all terrains on with bigger sidewalls to make them look bigger ;)

Fair enough, I suppose you could always put a set of all terrains on with bigger sidewalls to make them look bigger ;)
Love the swamper look when done well but think I would have to buy a second van to go that route. I was warned the Transporter world was expensive :eek:

Love the swamper look when done well but think I would have to buy a second van to go that route. I was warned the Transporter world was expensive :eek:
My van will be swamper look. I’ve a shed full of wheels and parts to put on it when it arrives next month. Good luck with yours. :thumbsup:

You should definitely buy the design you like and balls to what size it is I think 19's really work well on a Transporter. I still find it hard to believe that a 19" by 8" wheel could ever be thought of as small!

Back