3-strikes & Out!!

Cherokee

T6 Guru
First off, loving the van. 6 months old now.

1). After 400 miles oil service warning was coming up. Re-set this a couple of times myself (thanks for info Bug Girl). However, it kept returning and I couldn’t be ar*sed any more.

2). Info screen freezes and blanks sometimes. At times on reverse with camera. It can’t seem to cope with multi-tasking. If I start up, get a phone call and then select reverse it seems to get confused and shuts down.

I’m thinking, when I get a couple of days between Xmas & New Year, I’ll have this looked at.....

But yesterday,

3) Electric sunroof refused to slide. Tilts ok, won’t slide. Oddly it did seem to be a bit clunky from new. I dismissed this as ‘normal’

So popped down to Breeze, Poole for a chat. Earliest they can book in and have a van for me to use is 5th November. Odd system there, as the salesman calls the service/booking department and hands phone over to me. Still, no worries, except I’m informed that if I require VW insurance cover for the van they lend me, then it’s £12.50 per day. Unless I get my insurer to cover me fully comp on their van.

I stay calm throughout this process.:devil:

She kindly informed me though, that if we have to wait for parts, then this may be negotiable.

I thanked her for her understanding and handed the phone back to the salesperson.:rofl: Whom I informed that indeed, this will be negotiated; down to zero.

I got a nervous chuckle back.

So here we are at 3000 miles &
6-months.

Still loving the van mind.....

I’m not sure whether it’ll help with your nav screen issue or not, but I soft-rebooted mine after it kept dropping out from being connected to WiFi - it never drops out now (you’d have thought powering-down would reset it).
So that may be worth a punt.

From memory you hold the power button down for something like 30 seconds whilst it’s switched on.

Good luck, with that and the rest

Back