255/35/20 Tyres

Firthster

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi I've seen some alloys and wondered if these wheels will fit my T6 T32 kombi ?

255/35/zr20 102Y xl 5x120 900kg

any help would be great

Hi I've seen some alloys and wondered if these wheels will fit my T6 T32 kombi ?

255/35/zr20 102Y xl 5x120 900kg

any help would be great
102 might be technically “under spec” for a T32….I think it is 103 minimum. Size wise would be fine albeit not super comfortable

I know what you are saying but i want 20s lol i ment whats the best tyre for the 20s lmao

Most people go 265/40/20 (t32 load rating ) or 275/35/20 depending how low you are or if they’re a staggered fitment. I put staggered 20’s on mine after banded amoraks and I personally couldn’t tell much, if any difference.

Ahh ffs
whats the diffrence 102 103?? is it to do with insurance or weight i can carry?
the most i do is tow a caravan resy of the time the van is empty

Ahh ffs
whats the diffrence 102 103?? is it to do with insurance or weight i can carry?
the most i do is tow a caravan resy of the time the van is empty
It’s to do with being legal if you are being investigated (eg after a collision!).

As well as what @JOG rightly commented if you have a Class 7 MOT you'd fail it with 102 rated tyres on a T32.
I agree, it's a minefield!
So why wouldnt it fail on a class 4 MOT? a T32 still needs 103 rated tyres.

I hear so many conflicting stories about the load rating on tyres, is it actually law? Mot failable? Insurance issue? I’ve got the correct load rated tyres on mine but they’re only budgets because that’s all I could get but I rather have a branded tyre.

So why wouldnt it fail on a class 4 MOT? a T32 still needs 103 rated tyres.
Tyre load rating doesn't form part of a class 4 MOT test, the tester looks at what he has to in order to tick a box, if it's not on the list it's not a part of the test.
On a class 7 test the tester has to award a pass or fail for tyre load rating being appropriate for that particular vehicle's maximum gross weight.

Back