255/35/20 Tyres

103 = 875kg load per tyre at its max stated pressure.
I'm pretty sure there's no 35 profile tyres rated for T32 in 20".
265 40 20 is usually the best way to go to be 100% legit.

All 3 I'd say.
Most of transporters on air or low are on none load rated tyres, are they all taking a chance and getting dodgy mot’s? My mates ran none load rated tyres for a couple of years without any issues, never failed a mot with them on, I’ve googled it and there’s no clear answer if it’s law or not, I was hoping someone on here would know. I’d love to know myself, I’ve asked my mot chap and he’s said as long as there’s tread and in date they’re legal lol

The reason that I always use appropriately load rated tyres is that if I have an accident that could in any way be attributed to using the wrong tyres, then I know my insurance company could walk away If their investigator found out.
It’s not worth the risk IMO.

Pete

Most of transporters on air or low are on none load rated tyres, are they all taking a chance and getting dodgy mot’s? My mates ran none load rated tyres for a couple of years without any issues, never failed a mot with them on, I’ve googled it and there’s no clear answer if it’s law or not, I was hoping someone on here would know. I’d love to know myself, I’ve asked my mot chap and he’s said as long as there’s tread and in date they’re legal lol
I'm sure they'll be fine, just like that undersized RSJ holding the roof up over the kids bedroom, it came in at half the price of the one the structural engineer specced and that mate who's a shit hot plasterer says it's fine and as a bonus he won't even need to lowering the ceiling now.

As for mot
What does class 4 mean
Can I not take my van to local mot tester?
A class 4 MOT is basically a car or light van (under 3 tonnes) MOT.
If you have a T32 it is likely it needs a class 7 MOT (commercial vehicle), although it's not always that simple so have a read of:

Also what’s the actual difference between 102 & 103 ?
A 103 rated tyre is rated sufficiently to be fitted to a vehicle that could weigh, if loaded to it's maximum gross weight, 3200KG, i.e. a T32.
It's not relevant in law that you may run around empty every day and never fully load your van.
A 102 load rated tyre isn't adequately rated for a T32 although it's fine on a T30.
Obviously you can use tyres that are load rated higher than you need.

I'm sure they'll be fine, just like that undersized RSJ holding the roof up over the kids bedroom, it came in at half the price of the one the structural engineer specced and that mate who's a shit hot plasterer says it's fine and as a bonus he won't even need to lowering the ceiling now.
Being a builder myself, trust me there’s plenty of people do exactly that, most of them on check a trade :slow rofl:

Being a builder myself, trust me there’s plenty of people do exactly that, most of them on check a trade :slow rofl:
Check a trade…..as a consumer, I ignore them! A shower of money-grabbing knobs who prey on new tradesman and the proverbial “grey-haired little old ladies”! If ever a “trade body” did a disservice….!

I’ll get off my soapbox now!!!

Check a trade…..as a consumer, I ignore them! A shower of money-grabbing knobs who prey on new tradesman and the proverbial “grey-haired little old ladies”! If ever a “trade body” did a disservice….!

I’ll get off my soapbox now!!!
Correct:slow rofl:

Back