240v cable separately from 12v (cable route)

sipep

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all,

I've had a little search in the forum but can't find my answer.

Is there a secondly grommet other than the one behind the starter battery?

I want to put my 240v hook under the bonnet but someone said mention that the 240v should be keep away from the 12v. I already have a 12v cable for my dc to dc going via the grommet behind the starter battery.

Is there a similar grommet on the left / driver side?

1000018965.jpg

I like this, I'll brave the cold tomorrow and see if there is a grommet on the driver side

Can I ask a quick question please, I’m thinking of having the EHU under the bonnet too.
can the bonnet be fully closed with the EHU cable in use, it’s a T6.1
Cheers

Can I ask a quick question please, I’m thinking of having the EHU under the bonnet too.
can the bonnet be fully closed with the EH cable in use, it’s a T6.1
Cheers
Yes, there a few videos on YouTube showing this, my question is more about routing the cable

For those that might be interested there is a second grommet.

Just look for a route of least resistance. There is also a nice grove which naturally holds the cable (test fitting only, but would secure it )

PXL_20240114_100815382.jpg

Hi Sipep, I need to run some solar cable from my solar controller which is under my driver's seat to under the bonnet so I can connect my portable solar panel. Would this be better a route to use rather than the grommet behind the battery on my 6.1. Also were does it come out in the van, I am guessing it must be very close to the pedals.

Hi Sipep, I need to run some solar cable from my solar controller which is under my driver's seat to under the bonnet so I can connect my portable solar panel. Would this be better a route to use rather than the grommet behind the battery on my 6.1. Also were does it come out in the van, I am guessing it must be very close to the pedals.
I can't really advise you. But you can have a look what I have done, no, the cable is not near the pedal, comes out at steering wheel height and I've used a nature groove in the body work

Has anyone thought of using this protected cable? It should be rugged enough to use in any location provided holes through steel are grommeted.
The thing to watch with that cable is in general it must be protected from UV - there seems to have been a trend for using it outside as either a SWA-lite or "armoured artic" and it's not suitable for either as the clear jacket will quickly harden and crack.

They're specifically made as control cables for industrial machinery - they're rugged in that use that doesn't mean they are rugged for external use or automotive use:

Thanks Sipep. Anybody else know if there is any advantage to using the grommet behind the air box rather than the one behind the battery for cable entry to run to under the drivers seat, is their channels under the rubber mat this side of van.

Back