23 plate vw transporter 150 dsg mapping boxes /mapping

HubieT

Stupidly purchased a 23 plate transporter highline 150 bhp dsg

People don't do it have owned 5 transporters over 9 years and I have to say what a load of crap what the he'll have they done to the engine what have they done to the interior what have they done to the performance put your foot down wait 10 minutes for the engine to decide 1st gear no 2nd no third gear whilst screaming its nuts off and your going nowhere for 5-10 seconds whilst it's deciding.

It's got to be mapped make the call sir no you can't it has a seald ecu unit we can't you have to have a box £500 but they are crap everyone says they are crap

As well as revo might have done it sir but vw are now getting above their station and can tell if you could but you can't map the new vans ffs

There has to be an answer People please which box is actually any good as voiding my 3 year warranty is not an option as knowing my luck this piece of rubbish will blow up

anyone found a decent map box that actually takes away the massive flat spot on these new 2023 plates please ?

Thanks in advance the last vw I buy new member

Stop drinking. This is the best
If only it was £500 and not £49,000 wish I kept the 2019 plate as that was 5 times better than this rubbish vw the quality has gone down and down and now hit the bottom go test drive one and tell me I'm wrong might as well buy a transit and save 20k

did you test drive a T6.1 prior to your new van order?

you new vans engine needs 4-8k to fully bed in and open up. . . it will feel tight for the first 4k.

I would like to hear if anyone has sorted the DSG remap for the 23> vans tho.

Can assure you that at 23 model transit is not a better van (in my opinion)

did you test drive a T6.1 prior to your new van order?

you new vans engine needs 4-8k to fully bed in and open up. . . it will feel tight for the first 4k.
No I didn't test drive one, as they didn't have any to test drive, having owned several it was on order for nearly a year
I would like to hear if anyone has sorted the DSG remap for the 23> vans tho.

Can assure you that at 23 model transit is not a better van (in my opinion)
Same problem then ?

and that was a joke but for 10-15k less some should be questioning their decision

Wish I had kept my 68 plate now but at 108 k on the clock she had to go

It’s not as bad on the 200 bhp’s, as they have a bit more grunt. The 150 is quite ‘peaky’ and the box tends to get confused in any case, but it’s worse for the 150. My 150 is a manual and I can drive around it. A few friends 150 T6’s and 6.1’s struggle. Likewise my (150 (140?)) DSG caddy was painful sometimes.

Reality is that the DSG map on the commercial stuff is developed for hamfisted Brickie’s carrying 2Te in a trailer. The car maps are very different, and this is where the headache is. You can drive around the DSG, but it takes a bit of learning/is frustrating. Point to note tho is a friend has a 150 DSG and lives on a decent hill. It’s awful as it screams up in 1st. If however I try to shift my manual into second on the same hill it bogs down very badly…

In the meantime my plan is also to fit a paddle steering wheel and have some manual intervention.

Note to anyone not aware - the later model DSGs also don’t come with a sport mode.

I’d have had a manual if the 4 motion / 200 came with one. I think my 150 manual would be quicker in a real life road race than my 200 (4Motion) DSG.

Almost impossible to get it to shift down more than a gear by stamping on the pedal, and it’s very slow to react. It’s a world apart from my auto cars (which to be fair aren’t Nissan micra’s..), so yes, I’d like to get it mapped. And no, it doesn’t yet seem possible.

I've a 150 LWB DSG shuttle on a 2020. Bought in December just gone with 13500 miles on it. I came from a manual 5.1 Pendled to I guess about 180 or so and it was nifty and responsive and had 240k on it.

Sure the replacement isnt the same however I guess as others said maybe let it bed in as I am sure the 16K I have added in 8 months has made it better or maybe I have just got used to it and adapted my driving style a bit.......

IF I need to do something in a "rush" then I just instinctly move it to the manual mode (no paddle shifters) and blip it down a gear like I might a manual - I also have sports mode on mine.

Further to this, my VIN is currently winging its way between UK vendor, TVS and probably Bosch. Will report back.

IF I need to do something in a "rush" then I just instinctly move it to the manual mode (no paddle shifters) and blip it down a gear like I might a manual - I also have sports mode on mine.
Yep. Newer ones are worse, but also have no S.

It’s usually the (more than we’d admit) post phone call, heavy traffic tractor pass that causes the most frustration, rather than the clear headed, driving gloved zen drive tbf. A bit like life, it’s when you need a quick, unplanned mode change or reaction that it’s lack thereof its most noticeable.

If it's as bad as you seem to think it is reject it. That or suck it up or sell it or learn to not spend £49K on something that you haven't test driven a sample of first and don't make the same mistake again. Maybe in time and remap might be cracked.

If it's as bad as you seem to think it is reject it. That or suck it up or sell it or learn to not spend £49K on something that you haven't test driven a sample of first and don't make the same mistake again. Maybe in time and remap might be cracked.

I get this was probably aimed at the OPs rant, but I’ll assume you’ve not bought a new van in the last three years… Dare say the dealers would take it back in a heartbeat, given the current stock/demand. ‘Rejecting’ vehicles is much easier on a forum than real life tho…

This is the reason I currently have two. I was deciding whether to keep the DSG, but it wasn’t as obvious a choice as you may think. I dare say I’d have sold it on without loss, or at one I’d be happy to accept in any case. I appreciate this is a ‘privilege’ (the privilege of hard work…)

I kind of agree tho, if it makes you angry, get rid of it. After a brief foray in a transit (20k) I got out / gave it to a staff member for much less reasons, and I very much prefer the transporter. Have had six since the T5 era was launched. (Driven many, many more) Original 170 T5 was a beast/tank. New t6.1’s drive much, much nicer. They’re definitely no longer tanks. They’re probably still better than the equivalent bike capable carriers.

...but I’ll assume you’ve not bought a new van in the last three years…
You're right about that but, then again, I've not bought a brand new vehicle of any kind in 30 odd years - they've all been 1 or 2 years old as my policy has always been to let somebody else take the hit for driving the thing off of the dealers forecourt. That doesn't mean that I'm dissing anybody else choice, it's just not mine and others can obviously do what they want with their hard earned.

Tank build quality is just a myth. Transporter is just average in reliability, probably rustproofing is better than other vans, but my T5 after 13 years had rusted a lot underneath.The 2.5TDI T5 had the best engine grunt ever though :). T6 comfort dash the pick of quality. T6.1 lack that comfort/good looking dash but it drives better, everything seems more refined, better put together. And the engine refinement is on a different level compared to my 150. (Now driving 204). Even the start/stop is better, doesn’t shake the van, not intrusive.
Dsg and shifting point, maybe the twin turbo handles better low revs, but it’s not slow or uncertain as it was the Dsg on my previous 150. One thing I miss is the paddles, sport mode was irrelevant after upgrading to paddles steering wheel. Definitely something I need to upgrade on the 6.1

Back