Mapping T6 150 with higher mileage

T6_FunBus

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Afternoon,

Our first van, and first ever diesel, and to my surprise actually pretty nippy is the 150 around town with its 250ft lb at 1500rpm, but seems a bit gutless much above 2k. Not a huge issue, but we are at the point where we are going to be building and putting some furniture etc in it. Also going up steep hills around the cotswolds can sometimes require way more dropping down of gears and revving than I would like at lower speeds (rolling and when the van is at speed though is fine).

Our van has 136k on the clock now, is a 2016 150 6 speed. We had a new clutch and flywheel 1k ago for peace of mind.

Engine did over 120k in its first few years, suspect mostly motoway or A road / longer journeys for mileage as it was an AA van.

We have the print out from them, with job sheets etc, was serviced every six months without fail, engine and turbo is quiet and smooth.

I normally steer clear of high mileage vehicles, but with seeing so many vans doing 200k plus easily and our van doing its mileage in just a few years and always being serviced and in great condition, we went for it (couldn’t resist black and yellow theme either - too cool imo :)).

Anyway, thus it brings me on to my question.

Do EU6 with adblu and dpf map OK? What maps do people have on their t6 and what mileage? Any issues? Do the turbos cope with the extra boost OK? Are there risks with it being a eu6 with dpf or adblu system?

We only get I believe 50ft lb more peak with a map looking around, but importantly broader power band it seems and that peak power much higher so I assume it will just give it that extra oomph with load in the back to make it seem like its empty, and especially up those hills on 50mph roads. Assume stock clutch also being new will be fine?

Should it be good, or would you guys steer clear? Any input and comments welcome :)

The usual answer is Revo or Pendle, both are great and will not give you any unexpected issues as they are very well tried and tested over the years.

I’ve got a Revo on my van, I’m very happy with it.

Thanks, which model is yours?

What was the biggest noticeable difference? A more useable longer power band?

My objective will be to offset weight I will be adding with a bit more power and to ‘hopefully’ have less changing down on steep hills :) But not at the expense of reliability.

Thanks.

Mine’s not really comparable, it’s a 4-motion 204 dsg, but I’ve seen enough posts from people who have been really happy with what these two companies do with their maps.

In general you get a wider spread of torque throughout the rev range, it makes for a more relaxing drive, but added grunt when needed.

Revo do a money back guarantee if you don’t like it, just find an agent near you and give it a whirl.

If you’ve had oil/filter changes every 6 months then you should be fine. The 6 speed box is reliable and the 150 engine not stressed or underpowered.

You might find your suspension needs a refresh at that age/mileage, but most issues you see frequently on here are dpf’s and egr’s.

Personally, I always use premium diesel, either Shell or Texaco premium fuels and an additive like Millers Ecomax to try and keep the dpf and egr as clean as possible.

Thanks, I’ve probably done 800ish miles since owning, but only used normal diesel, so I’ll throw a tank of whatever the premium stuff is called every now and then.

That was my hope when buying to be fair, seeing it serviced every six months made me think it should be decent even though its clocked 130k. And I’d be pretty confident it was longer runs / journeys, its not like a taxi that does 100 trips ragged around a pot hole ridden town a day, or a 20 year old van.

I know what you mean on suspension, its got new springs, which take the weight but again, I doubt the shockers have had as much punishment as the mileage suggests, if it was a road and motorway crusing. They look in good nic, clean and sound underneath with no leaks etc, but if / when they go I will just get bilsteins.

Have a search…. There are lots of people that are happy with a remap and I am one of them and went with Revo.

Afternoon,

Our first van, and first ever diesel, and to my surprise actually pretty nippy is the 150 around town with its 250ft lb at 1500rpm, but seems a bit gutless much above 2k. Not a huge issue, but we are at the point where we are going to be building and putting some furniture etc in it. Also going up steep hills around the cotswolds can sometimes require way more dropping down of gears and revving than I would like at lower speeds (rolling and when the van is at speed though is fine).

Our van has 136k on the clock now, is a 2016 150 6 speed. We had a new clutch and flywheel 1k ago for peace of mind.

Engine did over 120k in its first few years, suspect mostly motoway or A road / longer journeys for mileage as it was an AA van.

We have the print out from them, with job sheets etc, was serviced every six months without fail, engine and turbo is quiet and smooth.

I normally steer clear of high mileage vehicles, but with seeing so many vans doing 200k plus easily and our van doing its mileage in just a few years and always being serviced and in great condition, we went for it (couldn’t resist black and yellow theme either - too cool imo :)).

Anyway, thus it brings me on to my question.

Do EU6 with adblu and dpf map OK? What maps do people have on their t6 and what mileage? Any issues? Do the turbos cope with the extra boost OK? Are there risks with it being a eu6 with dpf or adblu system?

We only get I believe 50ft lb more peak with a map looking around, but importantly broader power band it seems and that peak power much higher so I assume it will just give it that extra oomph with load in the back to make it seem like its empty, and especially up those hills on 50mph roads. Assume stock clutch also being new will be fine?

Should it be good, or would you guys steer clear? Any input and comments welcome :)
Have a look at Pendle Performance on YouTube…. he does a lot of Transporters and explains exactly what he does.
I find his videos very informative. He custom tunes that specific vehicle on his rolling road and sets it up to be perfectly tuned regardless of the final BHP figures.

But as rough as a badger's 'behind' . To get the pub bragging max HP figure they've ended up with a nasty peak and trough. The best tuners wouldn't let a road vehicle leave their premises like that.
Its not that bad, I’ve seen way worse lol.

They’ve just gone for maximum torque on boost, and it can’t hold it, they probably could have dialled it back to smooth out the dip but who cares. As long as it runs well and reliably a line on a piece if paper not being perfect isn’t the end of the world. If it was up and down like a yo yo and all over the place then I’d be worried.

The engine will be fine to remap providing it’s been serviced correctly and is healthy.

Mapping is not about headline (pub talk) figures but about how the vehicle delivers its power and how it drives on the road.

Prior to any remap (REVO)we carry out the engine gets a full health check and is data logged on the road to make sure all is good. The software is then loaded, and then out on the road, we re- datalog it to make sure all is healthy and all figures are correct. We have turned away cars and vans that aren’t healthy or have an issue. Or we have to sort the issue first in order to upload the file.

A stage 1 map is well within a standard engines capabilities and won’t stress anything too much. On the 150 it really brings it alive.

Revo software comes with a 30 day money back guarantee so nothing to loose really :)

Its not that bad, I’ve seen way worse lol.

They’ve just gone for maximum torque on boost, and it can’t hold it, they probably could have dialled it back to smooth out the dip but who cares. As long as it runs well and reliably a line on a piece if paper not being perfect isn’t the end of the world. If it was up and down like a yo yo and all over the place then I’d be worried.
I've seen worse too but the point is Ecotune should know better than to return a vehicle with a calibration that does that. I still can't get my head around why people think a standard unmodified engine needs a custom calibration when you have very reputable companies that have tested and proven calibrations ready to be loaded.

Reactions: mmi
The engine will be fine to remap providing it’s been serviced correctly and is healthy.

Mapping is not about headline (pub talk) figures but about how the vehicle delivers its power and how it drives on the road.

Prior to any remap (REVO)we carry out the engine gets a full health check and is data logged on the road to make sure all is good. The software is then loaded, and then out on the road, we re- datalog it to make sure all is healthy and all figures are correct. We have turned away cars and vans that aren’t healthy or have an issue. Or we have to sort the issue first in order to upload the file.

A stage 1 map is well within a standard engines capabilities and won’t stress anything too much. On the 150 it really brings it alive.

Revo software comes with a 30 day money back guarantee so nothing to loose really :)
What sort of price would a revo stage 1 cost on a 102 bhp euro 5 T6?

Sure can.We're part of a dealer network just like the big name brands and their dealers. We don't have a Dyno but we have data logging equipment that gets you in our opinion get better results from a driveability point of view. It's better than having it strapped to a Dyno as a Dyno cannot replicate the real world or how you drive. We can go out in the van with you driving collect the data and Fred (Autotech Tuning) will create a map to suit. Fred is extremely experienced and has Tuned everything from Abarth 500s and fiesta ST's to Nissan R35 GTR's and Lamborghini Urus's

What sort of price would a revo stage 1 cost on a 102 bhp euro 5 T6?
This is my favourite engine to map. Take it to around 170/180ps. The map is specific for this engine holding the torque levels to protect the gearbox. Normal price is £349+vat. In March there is 15% off all diesel maps so £296.65+vat

Link her to the details

Revo stage 1

Back