2021 T6.1 highline alarm question

peterkelly786

Hi, I'm a new t6.1 campervan owner and had 2 basic questions. Apologies if they have already been answered on the forum.

Does the t6.1 highline van have a factory fitted alarm and immobiliser?

If I want to leave our dog in the van or leave the pop top up, how do I lock the van but turn off the motion sensor?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Peter

Hi, I'm a new t6.1 campervan owner and had 2 basic questions. Apologies if they have already been answered on the forum.

Does the t6.1 highline van have a factory fitted alarm and immobiliser?

If I want to leave our dog in the van or leave the pop top up, how do I lock the van but turn off the motion sensor?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Peter
There’s a button in the drivers side b pillar. Press this with the drivers door open before you close the door and lock the van.

Two presses of the fob will lock without sensors or deadlocks.(3 clunks)

lock with the key, one turn will do the same but also with deadlock.(2 clunks)

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of the scenario if the pop top roof is up while camping and I want to lock the vehicle, but don't want the motion sensors to set off the alarm if the wind is flapping the pop top canvas.

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of the scenario if the pop top roof is up while camping and I want to lock the vehicle, but don't want the motion sensors to set off the alarm if the wind is flapping the pop top canvas.
is this also leaving the van?

I know what you mean, I’ve left mine when it’s been windy I just make sure nothing can fall down.
I don’t think the alarm will be tripped by anything as high as the pop top.
I’ve started lowering the roof when away as I’m pretty sure the insurance company will wriggle out of a claim if somebody goes in through the pop top canvas.

I know what you mean, I’ve left mine when it’s been windy I just make sure nothing can fall down.
I don’t think the alarm will be tripped by anything as high as the pop top.
I’ve started lowering the roof when away as I’m pretty sure the insurance company will wriggle out of a claim if somebody goes in through the pop top canvas.
Thanks for the info and advice. Fair point about the insurance too.

Yes, thanks, it's leaving the van like heading out for a walk. I know there an internal door lock button when inside the van for sleeping.
Then lock with the key blade in the driver’s lock with one left turn.

Back