6.1 highline factory fitted alarm signal

Furgus

VIP Member
Hi folks

First time posting. Hope I am doing this right.

I have a t6.1 highline with factory fitted alarm. I am looking to get a signal from the alarm to give to the tracker i am getting fitted so it can tell me the alarm is going off. Does anyone know how or if this can be picked up?

Thanks in advance

Hi folks

First time posting. Hope I am doing this right.

I have a t6.1 highline with factory fitted alarm. I am looking to get a signal from the alarm to give to the tracker i am getting fitted so it can tell me the alarm is going off. Does anyone know how or if this can be picked up?

Thanks in advance
Hi mate is the tracker connected to CANbus? Which tracker is it. I'd need to look at the vehicle drawings but should be possible

Thanks for the reply

Not sure if it is canbus. The tracker is an s7. The fitter tells me the tracker has the ability to take the signal but he is not sure were to pick it up from the factory fitted alarm.

Had a quick look at a drawing for a T6 and I imagine they're not miles apart.

The Alarm horn is permanently powered and has a signal (LIN) wire going to it to tell it when to sound.

I doubt this will be compatible as the trackers normally use a straight 12v input as a trigger.

There's every chance I could be wrong but without knowing which tracker it is a couldn't be certain

I checked up the tracker is a global telemetrics standalone not through the canbus. It requires a 12v signal. I thought of taking it off the horn with a relay but it would signal every time i hit the horn. Any suggestions I was hoping to take it off the alarm circuit in the van.

This diagram is for a T6 not a 6.1 but maybe the same.
The alarm horn is located in the scuttle below the windscreen.
1631568503611.jpeg

Watching, interesting concept maybe monitor the alarm connection with a high impedance solid state switch?

Would probably be more reliable than a relay. Struggling to find a signal car electrics new to me so learning as I go.

UPDATE for you I spoke to one of my suppliers and they do a relay module the goes on the siren power supply and when it's triggered gives an output for a tracker. Let me know if you're interested

I've got a 6.1 too. I've been looking for that diagram (thanks DXX) to see if i can add another PIR to the rear of my panel van. Its only protected at the front at moment.

Rear sensor is an option on shuttles/veles etc, it wires to the front sensor but not sure how it connects, a retrofitter i know tried to add one for somebody but not sure he ever figured it out so my guess is its not straightforward ?

Rear sensor is an option on shuttles/veles etc, it wires to the front sensor but not sure how it connects, a retrofitter i know tried to add one for somebody but not sure he ever figured it out so my guess is its not straightforward ?
Do you know if the above wiring diagram is identical for the 6.1?

Heres the interior monitoring on 6.1, seems a common +ve and -ve then a core between the two units ?

Will add the whole thing to the downloads section shortly and link back here

1632310250839.png

UPDATE for you I spoke to one of my suppliers and they do a relay module the goes on the siren power supply and when it's triggered gives an output for a tracker. Let me know if you're interested
Thanks dav i have gone back to the installer to see what the cost will be for him fit. if it is a fortune i will get him to fit it. i might come back to you on this.

@Dav-Tec I'm interested in doing exactly same thing - interfacing original alarm to tracker input. (Tracker needs a 0v or 12v signal in when the alarm is going off). I'd be interested in the relay interface module you mentioned. Have you got in more details please?

The unit is a Metatrak device you connect the factory alarm to the siren module this wireless transmitts to another module that gives various outputs

Back