Adding OEM rear load space alarm Ultrasonic sensors

Nick_T32_LWB

VIP Member
There have been a couple of posts from the searches I have done but none seemed to result in any positive outcomes or updates.

2018 T6 Kombi LWB HighLine - had the van broken into late last year, smashed the tailgate window and made off with a few £k worth of bikes - all insured so no worries there but am looking to improve/upgrade the security for the load area when I'm with my bikes. I have seen the vanmate/vanalarm standalone type solutions but would rather something that's integrated to the OE system - whenever bikes are in the van they are chained up (that still didn't stop the previous ones going)

I have seen from the previous posts that there is an optional add on for rear load space PIR sensors - I have the full highline spec alarm with cab interior monitoring already. I've found one part of the solution - ZGB7H0054721 but there is reference to requiring an additional module, either ZGB7E0054622 or ZGB7H0054622 and I can't find any further information on these - have scoured LLL parts and no joy.

Has anyone successfully completed this upgrade or have any further information? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Looking at the wiring diagrams you'd need to add the interior monitor send and receive module 2 in the rear then there are two ultrasonic sensors that connect to that, they are the same sensor part numbers as the ones in the front. The module 2 connects directly to module 1 in the front cab.

Wiring diagrams are in the download section

Looking at the wiring diagrams you'd need to add the interior monitor send and receive module 2 in the rear then there are two ultrasonic sensors that connect to that, they are the same sensor part numbers as the ones in the front. The module 2 connects directly to module 1 in the front cab.

Wiring diagrams are in the download section

You're a star, nice one

You're a star, nice one
@Deaky - a little more digging done, turns out the load area sensor is a microwave sensor (by Cobra) that plugs into the existing system - the ultrasonic solution looks to be for multivan/caravelle's.

Have managed to purchase NOS original VW accessory kits, just need to find some instructions now as missing.

Back