6.1 highline factory fitted alarm signal

Thanks for the info. It sounds like it will do what I need but also sounds a bit overkill and/or expensive. I was hoping for a simple 1-wire out from the siren. Thanks for replying.

@Dav-Tec I'm interested in doing exactly same thing - interfacing original alarm to tracker input. (Tracker needs a 0v or 12v signal in when the alarm is going off). I'd be interested in the relay interface module you mentioned. Have you got in more details please?
I took it bact to the folks who fitted the tracker they fitted a relay and hooked it up to the tracker. It worked when the alarm went off it triggered the tracked but all the warning lights on the dash came on still not there yet unfortunately i got caught up in work so havent had a chance to work at it. Let me know how you get on as i am still keen to make it work

Thanks Furgus. When I get time I'll try to take a look at the alarm signal wire (LIN) that Dav-Tec mentioned in one of his posts above - that was a great pointer - thanks. I have no idea what level it might be or how easy it would be to use it without causing the dashboard lights (sounds like a relay is not the way to go), but I'll report back if I get any good results. I take it you were able to clear the dash warnings easily?

Yea they cleared them and took the relay out again just haven't had a minute to look in to it.

Does it definitely need a positive trigger? Does it not have the options for a negative trigger?

I have the option of either positive or negative trigger into the tracker. Just need to work out what the LIN wire does and convert appropriately (I hope).

The siren module I can get hold of literally goes inline with the siren power and when the current draw increase its gives a negative output which you wire to your tracker this might make life easier and you won't need to interfere with the Lin wires if you're interested they're £40

Screenshot_20211224-164335_WhatsAppBusiness.jpg

I have the option of either positive or negative trigger into the tracker. Just need to work out what the LIN wire does and convert appropriately (I hope).
Your Lin wire is the Comms line from the van to the siren to tell it when to sound etc

Hi Dav-Tec. That's a pretty neat way to achieve exactly what I need without going near the LIN bus. Simple when you think about it. You're correct, it will save me a load of time, so I'll take one please. I couldn't find it on your website to order so can you let me know how best to order/pay for one please. There's no rush at all; after the New Year will be fine. Thanks.

Hi Dav-Tec. That's a pretty neat way to achieve exactly what I need without going near the LIN bus. Simple when you think about it. You're correct, it will save me a load of time, so I'll take one please. I couldn't find it on your website to order so can you let me know how best to order/pay for one please. There's no rush at all; after the New Year will be fine. Thanks.
Sound mate. I'll email the suppliers I'll PM you

No worries guys I'll get them sorted straight after Xmas

And to you guys have a great one!

Back