180PS BiTDi - Avoid??

Hi, I am looking to buy a T6 4motion to replace my ageing t5 4 motion. I have found a nicely spec'd 2016 van with 80k miles but the spec on auto trader says 178bhp. Is this the same dreaded 180 bi turbo that gets bad press on the t5 forum for oil consumption and damaged engines or was the problem sorted by the time the T6 came along

I am happy with the spec of the van but a bit wary if the troublesome engines were still being fitted to the earlier T6s

Thanks in advance
Paul

Hi, I am looking to buy a T6 4motion to replace my ageing t5 4 motion. I have found a nicely spec'd 2016 van with 80k miles but the spec on auto trader says 178bhp. Is this the same dreaded 180 bi turbo that gets bad press on the t5 forum for oil consumption and damaged engines or was the problem sorted by the time the T6 came along

I am happy with the spec of the van but a bit wary if the troublesome engines were still being fitted to the earlier T6s

Thanks in advance
Paul
Read through this thread, ref EGR unit revision.

Thanks DXX, admin moved my post here so I have had a read. To be honest a mate had a 2013 t5 bi turbo and that did 140k with no issues so I may still go and see the T6 and just hope it has the updated D cooler fitted

Thanks DXX, admin moved my post here so I have had a read. To be honest a mate had a 2013 t5 bi turbo and that did 140k with no issues so I may still go and see the T6 and just hope it has the updated parts fitted
Be aware that some have had the same issue even with the revision D

Going to look at a van tomorrow. Its a 67 plate bi turbo 204bhp dsg, is this likely to have the problematic cooler or will it be too late to be affected

No thats a whole new revision of engine, the newer ones are charge cooled etc and completely different from the 180 engines

Thanks Pauly, that's good to know. I understand that any second hand vehicle is a potential problem but I am trying to limit the risk, especially when spending so much

Back