180PS BiTDi - Avoid??

duffersj

VIP Member
T6 Pro
hi all new member here

dyslexic so if my spelling is rubbish please excuse.

im looking at a 180 bhp but have been told by some people ( and one custom cenre) to avoid as they can have problems. Is this true or was it early ones etc. looking at a 2016

Unfortunately some of the very early T6s seem to be affected by the same oil cooler issues as the T5GP
The latest seems to suggest that the D revision cooler is ok but all previous versions are suspect, easy way to check is to open bonnet and look down between engine and rad and see the part number on the oil cooler and check what letter it ends with

Oh and mine is also remapped, and still has no issues. Drives like a dream and so glad I have a euro5 rather than one of those euro6 things that have to drink piggy wee.

Had a MY11 T5.1GP EU5 180ps DSG to over 100K,

only engine/DSG related issue was DMF started getting noisy at 70k - new DMF fitted at 75K ish.

Hi, I looking at a 2016 180bhp manual that has done 102k, I have seen loads of "issues" around the 180 engine, can anyone offer any advice as to what I should be looking out for?

Thanks in advance.

Make sure it has had a Rev D EGR cooler from manufacture date.
The previous EGR coolers corroded and the aluminium oxide (sandpaper component) destroyed the cylinders / pistons creating massive oil consumption.
I have a 2016 180, Euro 5. Very reliable so far at around 45K miles.
The EGR cooler is incorporated with the oil filter at the front of the engine, note the production date on the cooler tag.
1614331714057.png

What about the 201 BHP version mated to a DSG box, same issue or different? TIA

Looking at a 204bhp DSG, this is what I found, is it the same thing, if so it says B? It’s done 29k

0A763959-EB18-4FFE-8575-5394269D4B51.jpeg

Back