£99.00 Bed That Fits a SWB Kombi Perfectly

@Dannyb6467 thank you for this discovery. I just purchased one of these, managed to find an unused second hand one local for £40 and it fits perfect! Im going to cut 15mm out of the middle of the support bars and weld back together as it’s noticeably less rigid once they’re out. Best 40 quid I’ve spent on the van so far!

View attachment 127242

View attachment 127243

View attachment 127244

View attachment 127245
Evening bud...we're on our 4th night using ours this trip. Down in Lyme Regis at the moment. We took our bars out this time as we wanted to access the boxes from the back or the front, definitely not as rigid but no chance of it splaying or moving.
Good luck pal.

AEE78CF6-01C3-4254-BBA7-34051B5A4A70.jpegFitted since last year into a SWB velle with front seats only, very occasional use. Had to shorten the front bar and it’s still relatively tight fit - will undoubtly leave some marks to side cards. Anyway, gotta love the simplicity and the ability to fit or take it out in few minutes.

We put the cushions / seat pads on from our Ikea conservatory furniture and it was super comfortable. The standard pad is a bit gutless and needs some sort of topper IMHO.

We put the cushions / seat pads on from our Ikea conservatory furniture and it was super comfortable. The standard pad is a bit gutless and needs some sort of topper IMHO.
Yeah, I’ve been toying with the idea of tearing the standard topper open and adding some memory foam so that there would not be a need to carry an additional roll. Sewing is not one of my strengths though, not sure how neat a result I could achieve

Reactions: mmi
Yeah, I’ve been toying with the idea of tearing the standard topper open and adding some memory foam so that there would not be a need to carry an additional roll. Sewing is not one of my strengths though, not sure how neat a result I could achieve
We were originally going to get a cheap Ikea foam mattress to cut up and cover but the seat cushions worked well - they are 100mm thick but quite firm. A memory foam topper might work well and can be rolled up!

View attachment 135116Fitted since last year into a SWB velle with front seats only, very occasional use. Had to shorten the front bar and it’s still relatively tight fit - will undoubtly leave some marks to side cards. Anyway, gotta love the simplicity and the ability to fit or take it out in few minutes.
Hi, can I ask where you got the storage containers from? They look absolutely perfect for the job

Hi, can I ask where you got the storage containers from? They look absolutely perfect for the job
They're SmartStore Pro 31, 32L 50x39x26cm and intended for heavy use - so the plastic used withstands beating and freezing better than what is used in standard household boxes. By quick googling at least something called Viking sells them in UK, Amazon has had them as well but currently out of stock

Edit: just noticed the dimensions on that Viking link title are off - however in the product specifications they look right :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah, I’ve been toying with the idea of tearing the standard topper open and adding some memory foam so that there would not be a need to carry an additional roll.
261E5195-84B0-4C56-959E-94DDA22BAE00.jpeg

Replaced the internals of the standard topper yesterday by a 4cm memory foam. Turned out to be really easy mod as the standard white foams are in velcro pockets - no sewing or tearing anything open needed. Just cut the memory foam to size using the standard stuffing as template and put them in.

Obviously 4cm foam still won’t be luxury but should be somewhat better and no waste of space carrying a separate topper.

Cadac stowage solution of this summer, assisted by the sofa and the boxes. Ofc the ratchet strap that keeps the back rest of the sofa in place can’t be strung too tight but this has worked fine and no clunks. Tesa tapes around horisontal bar help as well.

21B3D4C0-81FE-4BBF-A83B-782B8BD347D0.jpeg

Back