£99.00 Bed That Fits A Swb Kombi Perfectly

Love the photos and banter!
We should have a "Ikea Bed Meet" have some meatballs, hot dogs and coffee.

So, I bought this bed a few weeks ago and today got round to fitting it. Mine is a twin sliding Kombi which is used as a mobile office/day van/basic camper, so this should work a treat for me.

Putting it together took about 30 mins and it was very straight forward but certainly easier with 2 of you.

Mine has been carpet lined throughout, including the wheel arches so this made it a VERY tight fit. I had to take out the rear cross member to allow it to squeeze in-between the wheel arches but it still works perfectly. ( See pics below).

I thought I would have to leave my rear seat out when the bed was fitted but if you make it into the sofa position then the rear seats fit. ( instant Caravelle for £99.)
Also if you put the back section down it hides anything you have stored in your boot which is something I have been looking for for a long time.
RUB's fit nicely underneath so no more shopping sliding round the back of the van.

So all in all this little £99 bed from Ikea is the best thing I have bought in a VERY long time.

Big thanks to @Dannyb6467 for bring this to my attention. I am chuffed to bits with it. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

fullsizeoutput_1c07.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1c13.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1c12.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1c11.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1c0a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1c14.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1c0f.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1c10.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1c15.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1c14.jpeg

Welcome aboard M'lord!
Fantastic.

Its absolutely brilliant. Haven't road tested it yet for rattles etc but if its quiet enough then I'll leave it in permanently. Its great for storing all my gear out of sight which is a massive bonus.

Also haven't tried it as bed yet but we both lay on it in the drive (neighbours think we're nuts) and its quite comfy. Now shopping for a mattress protector for when we go camping.

Very chuffed with it.:thumbsup:

Its absolutely brilliant. Haven't road tested it yet for rattles etc but if its quiet enough then I'll leave it in permanently. Its great for storing all my gear out of sight which is a massive bonus.

Also haven't tried it as bed yet but we both lay on it in the drive (neighbours think we're nuts) and its quite comfy. Now shopping for a mattress protector for when we go camping.

Very chuffed with it.:thumbsup:
I have 2 small bungies that hook onto the back and pull the back of the bed back...if you get my drift.
I'll take a photo tomorrow but mine is totally silent and the bungies don't impeed on anything else.
My bed stays in permanently.

i had to take both cross members off, but i think its more i dont want to rip the carpet squeezing it in!

Notice on your carpeted panels there is a gap near the top?? is this where the ply has warped in heat during summer?

Hi, I have a T6 with triple rear bench seat. Does anyone know if this bed will extend fully with the bench seats folded flat and then tilted forwards? I’m planning a road trip for four which would mean we need all the seats for driving but two would sleep in the rear and two in a small tent?

S x

Hi, I have a T6 with triple rear bench seat. Does anyone know if this bed will extend fully with the bench seats folded flat and then tilted forwards? I’m planning a road trip for four which would mean we need all the seats for driving but two would sleep in the rear and two in a small tent?

S x
Simon
Lwb or swb ?

No.it won't.
I have a swb and there is 350mm at the bottom of the bed up to the seat bases when flat. About 250mm too long to keep the seats in.
Enough for a thetford cube porta loo!!
Awwwwwh! That would have been the perfect solution, guess I’m back to exploria bed type solutions. Thanks for the reply x

Back