Work van Wednesday

Then several trips dumping the spoil. See on the windscreen, collateral damage from parking, well loading the trailer, on double yellows. Traffic warden, or whatever they're called now, stood round the corner on which I was parked, wrote the ticket out and slapped it on the windscreen as we were loading wood in the back. I only saw him when he stood back to take a picture. I'm appealing (the ticket).

View attachment 80269
They’re a nightmare here in Bmth/Poole. I paid for parking dispensation last month, £30.00 & still got a ticket. I appealed and got a condescending email back as if they were doing me a favour.
I did actually track the parking tw*t warden down and had a word. Didn’t get an apology mind, just a shrug.

They’re a nightmare here in Bmth/Poole. I paid for parking dispensation last month, £30.00 & still got a ticket. I appealed and got a condescending email back as if they were doing me a favour.
I did actually track the parking tw*t warden down and had a word. Didn’t get an apology mind, just a shrug.

Earlier this year I got a ticket in Clifton whilst loading tools into the van, the warden could see I was ready to leave but ticketed me anyway.
A couple of weeks later I was called out to a fault at a new customer's house. While I was there the warden walked in from work, needless to say the final invoice total rose by another £90.

Water is a liar. I've been chasing a leak running down the reveal of a bedroom window for three years now on a 2FF flat. Re-felted roof, felted up over a parapet, new flashings over an adjacent bay window. All to no avail. Flat is above a shop in the middle of a terrace. The only thing it can be is coming in from next door and tracking down the cavity. Have decided to stick a cavity tray in over the window. £15 of bits, 2 hour job, £500+ for the scaffold. At least I can see my van from a different angle.

wvw1.jpgwvw2.jpgwvw3.jpg

Let's hope this fixes it.

Water is a liar. I've been chasing a leak running down the reveal of a bedroom window for three years now on a 2FF flat. Re-felted roof, felted up over a parapet, new flashings over an adjacent bay window. All to no avail. Flat is above a shop in the middle of a terrace. The only thing it can be is coming in from next door and tracking down the cavity. Have decided to stick a cavity tray in over the window. £15 of bits, 2 hour job, £500+ for the scaffold. At least I can see my van from a different angle.

View attachment 81129View attachment 81130View attachment 81131

Let's hope this fixes it.:rolleyes:
Ironically the smartcar and pug are so big they have to park on the pavement

Tray all fitted, repainted. It's not super pretty, but it's a second floor old building. Scaffold came down yesterday. Hopefully this fixes the leak.

20200819_073311_resized.jpg

20200819_073305_resized.jpg

Reactions: CAB
WVW

All still v. quiet on my day job which is tech, so more maintenance on renters. At least no scaffold this week. New front door for these lucky people.

wwwww9.jpg

It was about time. I've had a few of these Howdens engineered wood (v. thin hardwood laminate) exterior doors now. Quite impressed with quality and finish, pre-glazed and right price. Finished off with Cetol Filter7, I don't expect to have to touch this again for a few years...

lol , , , they are the two step ladders, then in the back we have 2x tripple combi ladders, 2x hop-up and 2x telescopics.

they were just put there while we were getting other stuff out the van.

they sprayed with blue bits so we know whats ours when on a busy site.

and yes they are BS EN 131 Pro rated.

Back