Wing mirror bracket

Okay I have the same problem but my van is 2017 t6
I’ve got the wing mirror off and Cabot get the last plug out of the door card... it’s square beige and pink, I’ve unclipoed the pink part to reveal Pandora’s box of tiny clips

Do have to individually pick each tiny plug out?

Any advice appreciated

Thank you

Do you mean the wires/beige plug are still attached to the door? If so then no, the pink/purple bit is a lock on the connector for removing the pins if disassembling the plug, but you’d need to release them from the other side using a twin prong tool. The beige plug should have a release clip on the top?

Last edited:
Yes that part..... I have taken the beige top off and there are several tiny pin plugs inside

How do I get those out?

I have taken several photos so I know which ones to put where

Yes that part..... I have taken the beige top off and there are several tiny pin plugs inside

How do I get those out?

I have taken the wing mirror out of the door and un plugged it all

But to get the metal bracket out I need to get all the wires out and this one is too big
So I’ll have to get all the pins out.... this is proving difficult

334685DD-FE52-44B6-80AF-F1D099D8B79D.jpeg

4F5B6020-78EC-4E35-9E10-677CCFD377F3.jpeg

How do I get those out?

As odd as it sounds, you’ll want either a staple or a paperclip - straightened out - to pop in and release the clips (assuming you don’t have the tool mentioned by Zebra). This YouTube clip should give you an idea where these pins need manipulating

I have taken the wing mirror out of the door and un plugged it all

But to get the metal bracket out I need to get all the wires out and this one is too big
So I’ll have to get all the pins out.... this is proving difficult

View attachment 35430

View attachment 35431

Apologies hadn’t seen the update. As @Ads_Essex says a paper clip will do it, find a small one. I used that for similar pins on the BCM plugs but then saw these on eBay for AUDI VOLKSWAGEN Connector Pin Release Puller 2xcar Terminal Removal Tool Kit | eBay the small one does the job perfectly.

I got this little set off ebay last year, only a couple of quid and fits everything I've needed it for so far
IMG_9405.JPG

i've just done this repair over the weekend. you don't need to pull the pins out of the block or cut it off. yes it's too big to pull through with the other cables. instead you can disconnect the wires at the mirror end and pull through in the opposite direction to the other cables, i.e pull towards the van, whereas the others pull towards the mirror.

Hi all,

Well I’d put the job at about a 7/10 on the fiddly scale. Lots of fragile little plastic clasps but once the top and bottom outer shells are off, the cables threaded back out and the door panel off the fun can really begin. You need baby fingers to be able to disconnect the mirror gimble connector. The clasp and spring that allows the mirror to pivot up 90° on the door panel is painful to put back together (I managed to use a bearing press) and the spring will disappear at light speed when you remove the clasp so aim it somewhere you’ll be able to find it again.

All in about an hour to two of swearing will get you through it unless you also have to clean off a load of gorilla tape residue which adds another hour. Fun times

View attachment 25051

View attachment 25052

hi Butchy, can I ask where you disconnected the electric cable to take off the faulty piece? I'm no auto electrician and can't seem to see where you unhook the cable? photo attached!!! thanks

IMG_4138.JPG

I disconnected all my wires from the mirror Sid
They all pass through the shaft t6 highlife electric mirror no power fold

You need to remove each individual wire from the brown plug. You need a pin removal tool to do it. Once the plug is off the cable will pass trough the bracket. When you’ve replaced the bracket click all the wires back into the plug.

Oh and make a note of which wire goes where before you take em out :thumbsup:

yep, reckon prize it off with flat head screwy unless any other ideas, its the getting it back on thats bothering if anyone has any ideas or tried it, thanks for your help!!

i've just done this repair over the weekend. you don't need to pull the pins out of the block or cut it off. yes it's too big to pull through with the other cables. instead you can disconnect the wires at the mirror end and pull through in the opposite direction to the other cables, i.e pull towards the van, whereas the others pull towards the mirror.
hi, theres 2 cables and one of them can be thread through, but theres a thicker cable leading to a black junction box (with the large white paper circuit on) how do you disconnect that with from your theory? in my pic with the red arrow pointing spring, its the cable to the right

does anyone have any idea how to get that spring back on with c clip? must be a simple method I'm missing, help appreciated

Back