dale thornton

VIP Member
Hi All , Does anyone know how I can get this part for the T6 Wing Mirror. I have seen this online for the T5 but cannot find it anywhere for the T6. I've seen a few exploded diagrams and I believe the part is labelled 11

Any ideas ? Thanks for reading this thread. WingMirror.jpg

I think they're the same part but I brought one from a VW dealer a few years back and it was less than a tenner.

Hello all,

My wing mirror glass got blasted out last week - bought the same replacement as last time but now can't get it to sit on - I've noticed one of the small plastic tabs has come off ( pictured).

Can I replace this bit? The motor works etc but I assume that why it won't grip?

Unless I've got wrong glass - I can only see t5 replacement glas guides and they all have extra metal hooks on but mine only has a plastic circle with some clips

PXL_20221025_163440317.jpg

@Pauly thought you might be the man on this?

My wife came home before with a confession. She hit the wall with the wing mirror which I presume bent forward and snapped the holding .
Does anyone know if I need a whole new housing / mirror or just the ridged bracket as seen in the pic.
Thanks in advance

2D6FD8A8-055E-41C4-8821-5ECC1ED87443.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
If it’s power folding you have to replace the unit (transfer over glass and plastics) but if it’s not power folding you may get away with replacing just the swivel bracket piece, either way you need to get the door card off and remove the complete wing mirror

No not really but to replace the swivel bracket you have to get all the wiring out of the mirror which means unpinning the plastic connector plug, swapping the swivel bracket then reinstalling the wiring and plug

My advise would be to fully remove the wing mirror and take it indoors to replace the swivel

Photograph the wires before removing them and get yourself so wire removal tools to aid you getting the pins out of the plug

Thanks, it’s. Not power folding. Is taking door card off tricky?
There’s a thread on here about taking the cards off, very easy but also easy to break the clips, order some spares just in case

Maybe easier to take it to a garage I’m. It the best at these kind of things

So it’s £500 plus fitting for a New wing mirror at VW haha.
Anyone know where I can get parts myself ?

Hi all,
The bracket on my driver's side wing mirror has gradually disintegrated so I purchased the replacement with the intention to fit today. Once opened up I discovered a lot of corrosion and oxidisation everywhere so I think it's probably best to replace the whole lot. Two screwheads look to have broken off the bracket as well.
There are a lot of broken clips on the plastics so it looks like there has been water coming in and attempts to fix.
Very Dub transporters do an aftermarket one so I wondered if anyone has experience with this? Or should I stick with genuine?
Thanks

20221213_141034.jpg

20221213_141750.jpg

Hi, just had my driver side wing mirror smashed and broken from the mounting by a HGV, looks beyond repair.

Can anyone recommend where I can buy a replacement for a T6, the mirror is silver with a red and black trim, many thanks

I took my wing mirror off today to replace the broken bracket.
I found a cable that was not connected. Any ideas what it is?

20230429_150347.jpg

20230429_150354.jpg

I have a 2018 H/Line T6 in silver, Passengers wing mirror got hit.
They dont auto fold / remote fold down and are unheated

However the glass is manoeuvred by the switches for visual set up

Is this classed as electric still ?

The mushroom shaped gear behind the mirror is also damaged with broken teeth

I am aware of the upper / lower covers

What actually do I need ( New gear and full mirror replacement ?)

Any reliable online retailers advised ?

Back