Windscreen condensation - advice

Please be gentle as I’m a relatively new T6 owner and I love her
We bought our van from a company who had converted transits into transporters.
I noticed over the winter that the inside of the windscreen had terrible condensation and can freeze inside.
I’m just wondering if anyone has any tips to stop this? I bought those dehumidifier pots but it didn’t seem to do the trick. Any advice? The screen heater just don’t cut the mustard! I could be waiting for quite some time waiting for it to defrost using them.

How often do you use the van?
Check all carpets for damp, you may have a leak somewhere.
Always have the air conditioning on when the engine is running, regardless of the weather.

Do you use the aircon to help demist ?
Do you use the aircon when driving around ?

Pete

converted transits into transporters
There's your problem, you've got a Ford!
Seriously though, what DaveD says is right, you may have a leak, check holes where roof bars go in the channels on the roof, and anywhere screws have been put through the outer skin of the van.
Pull up carpets and floor coverings to look for telltale signs of water ingress and even remove internal paneling to check down inside the voids for any buildup of water or blocked drain holes.
I found water coming through one of the roof rail holes above the drivers door and through the fasteners that hold the sliding door rail on to my van

Last edited:
Is this when you are sleeping in the van?

Get some wind deflectors for the front doors so you can leave a gap at the top of the window.

Try an insulated external windscreen / door window cover, it will reduce the condensation considerably. An insulated one though, not just a plain cover.

Reactions: CAB
Hi all
Slept in T6 van first time and woke up with all glass dripping wet which I presumed would happen. Any great tips to stop this happening as windows were slightly open. Have just bought dehumidifier bags online to trial. Thank you in advance for any advice.
Here are the items bought which have good reviews.

DD7E7A29-A8D1-4721-A4A4-05EC09F32D83.jpeg

Same problem my vans converted but with no pop top when it’s really cold the windscreen steams up, sometimes it’s frozen inside, but the all the side windows are ok
There’s no leaks

Reactions: CAB
You need to get an insulated front screen cover.... That should stop that from happening.

Back