T6.1 Heated windscreen not working well

Setting the blower direction to your feet and selecting the re-circulation before you switch off the ignition makes a big difference.
With the electronic ac it does this automatically until the air is hot and can evaporate the water quickly

Run the AC all year as VW advise and it helps to reduce condensation……another long discussion.

You could use a far cheaper infra red thermometer, also useful with diagnostics.

Oh that looks a cool and handy phone attachment/app @Spaghetti...never knew such a thing existed, and at not too silly a price. I could do with one of these for work but I vowed not to buy anything this week, suggested by the forum! Its blown that!...:rolleyes:...again!!
I have one of those @DXX...like you say, very useful, mainly used for my pizza oven.:p....but more importantly for tiring the cats out before bed so they dont wake us at stupid o'clock!:mad:
Cheers guys.:cool:

You could probably get it for much less if you shopped around. This one is actually my work’s one I was trialling some two years ago. There’s Chinese no brand ones on ebay but I’m not sure of their quality or resolution.

Infrared camera is useful for thermographic survey of electrical equipment, finding overheating cable junctions before there’s a fire.
You can also use it on machinery, comparing exhaust gas temperatures, coolant flow/blockages etc.
So useful you can probably guarantee VW dealers don’t have it.

Oh that looks a cool and handy phone attachment/app @Spaghetti...never knew such a thing existed, and at not too silly a price. I could do with one of these for work but I vowed not to buy anything this week, suggested by the forum! Its blown that!...:rolleyes:...again!!
I have one of those @DXX...like you say, very useful, mainly used for my pizza oven.:p....but more importantly for tiring the cats out before bed so they dont wake us at stupid o'clock!:mad:
Cheers guys.:cool:
Ha ha ha! "Tiring the cat out" is probably a use case that never, ever, ever appeared in the product requirements!!! Love it!

With the electronic ac it does this automatically until the air is hot and can evaporate the water quickly
I mean when you turn the van off so that you're not allowing any flow of cold damp air to be directed to the windscreen by the wind. It does actually make a difference.

If you always run the AC not only it will be more reliable as recommended by VW but it will reduce the humidity in the cab.
This should reduce the condensation on the glass when the van cools down.

This thread prompted me to check mine with my thermal imaging camera as I've begun to use it now it's getting colder. Part of the screen wasn't clearing as quickly as the rest, and what do you know - a duff section of heating element. Interestingly, yours seems to be very slightly cooler in exactly the same spot @Dellmassive, although it's considerably warmer than mine. Anyone else had this? My van is MY2019 so this should be covered under warranty shouldn't it?

20211125T194718.JPG

20211125T194822.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Is the windscreen heater different to the normal heater and aircon. Is there a different switch? Like for the rear.

Back