Wind deflectors - my comparison.

Don't worry, I have team Heko and don't have any noise. I did find after 12 months though that new sticky tape and a couple of extra clips were needed to keep it all securely in place.
Where did you get the extra clips?, one of mine has dropped off. Cheers.

To be fair you don't really need the tape, and the clips take about 2 seconds to put in and cost £2 for 8.

Different Strokes for different folks I suppose
BUt the clips prevent the window from fully sealing, therefore you get some wind noise that you dont get with the ClimAir.

Management has given permission to change if I’m not happy with the Heko! She has also queried how I would distinguish between the Heko, the awning or the roof bars? (Enough to make me wonder what she has bought recently!)
More to the point, would she notice if you swapped Heko for Climair. My friend was always swapping his motorbikes and never told his wife. He said as long as he always bought the same colour (Red) she never noticed :fast rofl:

I have had Heko`s on my van for years and have never heard any wind noise, that said my radio is allways on :)

I may be changing mine….I noticed a Heko flapping as I was driving and had to pull over to remove it!
Well, I am still really happy with these ClimAir ones. Not moved a mm and the quietest I’ve had.

The adhesive on my Hekos dried out on one side, that gets the sun, after a year. Put some 3M stuff on and doubled up on the clips.

I'll report back next June :slow rofl:

The adhesive on my Hekos dried out on one side, that gets the sun, after a year. Put some 3M stuff on and doubled up on the clips.

I'll report back next June :slow rofl:
That’s what I’m doing…ordered some of those clips

Reactions: CAB
Just had a complete mare with my Heko deflectors fitted for wet camping ventilation. As well as being noisy the pax side unit regularly slips clear of the clips and has nearly fallen off.

I replaced the double sided tape strips with super sticky sailmakers tape and thought I’d solved the problem until it worked loose again. Removed it and then coincidentally discovered the electric window had a fault and wouldn’t retract closed.

Thinking fault was a sensor issue I had to read up on removing door card and releasing window, wing mirror etc. All to bits and discovered the window glass was stuck fast to outer window seal with sticky goo from the tape.

Cleaned up with Muck Off chain degreaser and window now works fine but I’m giving up on the Heko units. Strange that the driver’s side has never slipped even with original tape.

Operator error but be warned!

Just had a complete mare with my Heko deflectors fitted for wet camping ventilation. As well as being noisy the pax side unit regularly slips clear of the clips and has nearly fallen off.

I replaced the double sided tape strips with super sticky sailmakers tape and thought I’d solved the problem until it worked loose again. Removed it and then coincidentally discovered the electric window had a fault and wouldn’t retract closed.

Thinking fault was a sensor issue I had to read up on removing door card and releasing window, wing mirror etc. All to bits and discovered the window glass was stuck fast to outer window seal with sticky goo from the tape.

Cleaned up with Muck Off chain degreaser and window now works fine but I’m giving up on the Heko units. Strange that the driver’s side has never slipped even with original tape.

Operator error but be warned!
Advantages of the ClimAir. No clips, no sticky stuff, (therefore less wind noise.) They dont move at all and they dont slow the window closing down as much. I had to keep opening closing mine when the Heko were first fitted to get them to go all the way up. No such issue with ClimAir. Disadvantage you have to put a little screw in the plastic van trim, but hardly noticable. And compared to the number of other holes we drill in the metalwork everywhere is it really a problem / disadvantage?

by the time you cost in the extra clips and 3m tape it surely justifies the extra cost of the ClimAir. :cool:

Had mine in a couple of months now and love them. As @Skyliner33 says the screw is hardly noticeable its that small and it comes in black to match the trim its drilled into. I put a tiny dab of black roofing mastic on the thread to seal it up, probably OTT but worked well. Haven't noticed any noise increase or issues with the window operation.

Love my climairs. I notice zero wind noise. Fully happy with the single screw. It’s a really tidy fit.

Back