Will Coronavirus Close Campsites?

Announcement from C&MH Club today - all sites closed effective today until 30th June.

Pete
Just picked up an email (timed @ 1322 hrs) announcing that The Camping and Caravanning Club have also closed all sites.

Last edited:
Announcement from C&MH Club today - all sites closed effective today until 30th June.

Pete

I've just had a customer that was on a site in Peterborough waiting for us to do his Motorhome on Tuesday call and cancel because the site he was on has been closed and the Police are apparently telling anyone that's in a Caravan or Motorhome to go home with immediate effect.
I'm not sure which site it was.

I hate the mentality that I'm seeing at the moment. People don't seem to realise that sticking two fingers up at the virus won't protect them or their family. Boris has clearly stated that we should all be staying in our homes but I'm seeing parks and seaside promenades rammed full of people. I understand that folk want to be out and about, it's a lovely day today after all, but there's a national emergency taking place FFS. If they're not part of the solution they're definitely part of the problem. I hope we see that sort of attitude being socially stigmatised. Stay at home!

I think they have said you are allowed to go out to exercise if you are social distancing. We just went out to see if we could find anywhere to stop for a bit but everywhere was so busy we didn’t think it was safe so in the end we had a nice drive round the countryside (need some driving gloves!) and came back.

Did see loads of groups of people everywhere though and the local woods were busy like bluebell season. They will ban it entirely at this rate

Went out today to a nearby farm shop to get some veg (they had loads) BUT saw a lot of families - Mum ,Dad, Kids and Grandparents wandering around, not sure the message is getting through! That or they think they are impervious.

..... we have reached 5400 deaths here in Italy, most in the most productive region where contacts between people have been inevitable when the danger of the virus was not yet known .... where they imposed a ban on getting out of the house and moving away the cases of infected people are decreasing ..... stay at home everyone !!

..... we have reached 5400 deaths here in Italy, most in the most productive region where contacts between people have been inevitable when the danger of the virus was not yet known .... where they imposed a ban on getting out of the house and moving away the cases of infected people are decreasing ..... stay at home everyone !!

hmmm makes you wonder why our government haven't done this yet?...

I just saw on the news that Italy has had its lowest number of new cases since the beginning today so it seems like the precautions are beginning work.

Since the caravan club have now closed their sites until June 30th it must only be a matter of time (days) before all other sites follow suit, or are forced to close?...

Main thing I guess is everyone stays safe and looks at the bigger picture, there will be plenty of time to holiday next year... hopefully!

Our caravan purchase is now on hold

Well that's our Easter break officially gone, might just tow the caravan onto the drive to keep the kids happy until this all passes over.Untitled.jpg

Back