Wild Camping Apps

Ro63rt

Just wondering if there are any Apps out there that people use to find decent wild camping spots?

TIA

Ioverlander is a massive app in America and other countries and is slowly becoming better for here. it's currently a bit thin for sites but I've seen Improvement in the month or so I've had it.
I'd be keen to here if there are any better ones out there too.
I've also got the paid version of motorhome parking Ireland and it's full of really good campsites, wild camps, fresh water spots and cafes and pubs that do overnight parking. The same app but for GB is lacking in features. I wonder if it's laws or just people and lifestyles that mean GB apps lack where other countries do well.

Last edited:
Park4night is the best by far, I rarely use anything else in Britain. Camper contact is great for Europe but seems to have mostly official places in U.K.

Last edited:
There are a couple of very active groups on Facebook where people share details of their favourite wild and/or cheap and/or pub stops - “Campervan Overnight Parking” and “Campingpubs”. Some of the stops look very good but they are likely to become victims of their own success, I.e. broadcast your favourite wild camping spot on them and chances are, next time you want to use it, it won’t be so remote or quiet!!

Just done a 6 weeker through Europe moving mostly every day. We used a combination of ACSI, Aires guides and alas Search For Sites app.
It became apparent early on the the coordinates listed in Search For Sites are frequently incorrect, sometimes 100m and other times by up to 18 miles.
ACSI and the Aires guides were always 100% accurate for location.

Just done a 6 weeker through Europe moving mostly every day. We used a combination of ACSI, Aires guides and alas Search For Sites app.
It became apparent early on the the coordinates listed in Search For Sites are frequently incorrect, sometimes 100m and other times by up to 18 miles.
ACSI and the Aires guides were always 100% accurate for location.
I've never heard of search for sites. All the reliable postings get put on park4night or campercontact

Back