Overnight in South Cornwall Recommendations

DebandTerry

Hi guys, last minute shout out for a wild camping location near St Ives but with easy “getaway” for the day after.

Hi guys, last minute shout out for a wild camping location near St Ives but with easy “getaway” for the day after.
That all depends on how late you pitch up and how early you leave, National Trust wardens, Police and Council employees are all over it in the summer.
Personally as a Cornishman I avoid St Ives, mainly because it is packed and impossible to park.
I use this car park but the rules seem to change with the wind, generally free but occasionally an overnight charge. A seriously beautiful beach as well.
Harveys Towans Car Park

EDIT: don’t even attempt it in a lowered van, the track in is as rough as a badgers arse

Not a wild site but good value

Thank you for this, a little too late for us this time around but maybe next time

That all depends on how late you pitch up and how early you leave, National Trust wardens, Police and Council employees are all over it in the summer.
Personally as a Cornishman I avoid St Ives, mainly because it is packed and impossible to park.
I use this car park but the rules seem to change with the wind, generally free but occasionally an overnight charge. A seriously beautiful beach as well.
Harveys Towans Car Park

EDIT: don’t even attempt it in a lowered van, the track in is as rough as a badgers arse
Thanks too for this, another to add to the list for next year. We did manage to park at the Rugby club car park but not overnight, we drove back to Looe as we were on the Camel trail the day after and Watergate Bay in the surf all day today.

Back