Scandinavia trip advice welcome

elduderino

T6 Pro
Hi
Off to Scandinavia on 2nd May for a month. postponed since 2020 (you know why). Via Harwich & the Hook( Stena, no P&O for me, being an ex merchant seaman), Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, & Norway.
Will be mostly wild camping in Norway, any advice from people who have visited any of the countries listed, would be most welcome, whether it be wild or official campsites( laundry, waste, etc).
Scenic routes, driving, & cycling. Aiming to get as far north as possible.
Regards

Are you doing the longest tunnel (Laerdalsoyri) and the bridge over the fjord with the roundabouts in the tunnels either end (Hardangerbrua)?
Oh, and stock up on food and booze in Denmark before you take the boat into Norway (Frederikshavn to Oslo) and come back via Sweden and the Oresundsbron from Malmo over to Copenhagen.
It costs a fortune but you’ll never do it again.

Tromso is gorgeous, just make sure you go into town when the cruise ships are leaving.
Beer is reassuringly expensive. Can't comment on campsites, we were in hotels.
Cheers
Mark

Not got much to add but that sounds like a pretty spectacular trip!

I’ve been in Norway before and would love to do a trip to drive there but somehow my driving holidays always end up in Italy :)

We are going for a month at end of July.
Do you have an Autopass tag for the toll roads, and if you do, have you opened a ferry account and linked your autopass tag to it? That way you get 50% discount on all ferries and 20% on your toll road prices.
We are going to Flam, then over the pass to Laerdal, then up over the snow road to Trondheim, on to Bodo then a cruise through the Lofotens to Tromso. Couple of days in tromso in hotels then fly back to Bodo and drive to Bergen down the coast road.
Only booked one site, rest will be wild/aires and sites every 3 days or so.

Back