Why Buy A 4motion And Not Get The Diff-lock Option ?

I don't understand why VW uses an inferior EDL system,

This Volvo doesn't have a rear diff-lock but no problems here on the rollers; however, its EDL may work on the rear axle, and may not work on the front axel, (the opposite way round to VW T6)

Perhaps only the very sophisticated systems like land rover's Terrain Response have EDL's that work on both axels!

Bought new, but it was an unregistered cancelled order that was almost at the port. Only had to wait 3 weeks over the 16 week wait for a factory order.
It's worth noting my previous T6 4motion which met an untimely end, didn't have diff lock but was very capable off road all the same. Tyre choice is key.
hey I was just wondering if you built this van as an rv on the inside, I could do with some advice regards subfloor and walls taking into account that she will likely get a bit bouncy bouncy off-road, was wondering if there is anything I need to take into account about making her as stable a build inside as I can, rather than building her too weak for what I hope to do with her, I plan to take her to her maximum potential and don't have a diff lock and its a 6.1

hey I was just wondering if you built this van as an rv on the inside, I could do with some advice regards subfloor and walls taking into account that she will likely get a bit bouncy bouncy off-road, was wondering if there is anything I need to take into account about making her as stable a build inside as I can, rather than building her too weak for what I hope to do with her, I plan to take her to her maximum potential and don't have a diff lock and its a 6.1
Being a 4mot doesn’t make it an “Off roader” At the end of the day, it’s a commercial load carrier that has 4wd. The 4wd is to increase its traction & handling capabilities, it won’t take any more punishment than a standard van.

Being a 4mot doesn’t make it an “Off roader” At the end of the day, it’s a commercial load carrier that has 4wd. The 4wd is to increase its traction & handling capabilities, it won’t take any more punishment than a standard van.
no I realise I don't have a landrover. But for my needs this should be quite enough for now, I've seen them do some interesting things despite not having the diff lock and I just want to build the inside out with this in mind in case any extra considerations need to be thought of at this point in my planning.

no I realise I don't have a landrover. But for my needs this should be quite enough for now, I've seen them do some interesting things despite not having the diff lock and I just want to build the inside out with this in mind in case any extra considerations need to be thought of at this point in my planning.
Paradoxically, you might be better off have furniture that’s not too rigid. There’s quite a bit of flex in the van, especially if you fit a poptop. You might be better fitting something that can move with the van, rather than being fixed solid. If you start cross axling the van & get some twist, rigid furniture might start popping screws & fixings.

Paradoxically, you might be better off have furniture that’s not too rigid. There’s quite a bit of flex in the van, especially if you fit a poptop. You might be better fitting something that can move with the van, rather than being fixed solid. If you start cross axling the van & get some twist, rigid furniture might start popping screws & fixings.
See not a silly question after all ! now the question is where do I learn more about ergonomic design for the interior of a van with flexibility, I don't want to add even one screw hole before I understand more about how best to put her together in the larger perspective. I suspect I'll have to track down someone pro to educate me on it for before I attempt to problem solve it. thanks for your thoughts

Back