Renewal hike!

Radford1071s

Paul - Bawdeep
VIP Member
T6 Legend
IMG-20200429-WA0003.jpg

I think there trying to finger me bad in broad day light without even wearing a mask. That the quote we got from the AA. never used it once last year KXXTS you can fill in the gaps.

Guess I ll have to ring around for breakdown cover. Any suggestions guys. Got til the 10th of June. We have 2 reliable vw transporters that are well kept.

I’ve just renewed my insurance at less than £200 more than that, and it includes breakdown cover.

Guess I ll have to ring around for breakdown cover. Any suggestions guys. Got til the 10th of June. We have 2 reliable vw transporters that are well kept.
Had a similar situation with RAC a couple of years ago - rang them up, I said "no way" "will have to look around", they said "ok, hold on a moment.........we can do it for almost the same as it was before......" - in the end I think it was an increase of about £20! Perhaps worth a try?

same story every year.

You need to call them and haggle a new deal.

they rely on upping the price and people just paying it.

phone them up and ask them "i need it cheaper, what can you do for me?"

keep asking the same thing untill it wont go lower.

let us know what they get it down to.

Also ditch Home-Start . . . . do you really need that option?

Same with RAC last year. Tell them it’s not good enough and you are leaving - they will discount.

Pete

Thanks guys I will be. If I have no joy I,ll go elsewhere. Home start we could ditch for a start. But will keep you guy's posted.

Like above ^

That’s just the yearly automated renewal they send out to see if.. your wallet is big enough or your brain is small enough not to notice!
If you give them a ring, I’d expect it to be under what you paid last year

I was a member for 15years and played the same game every year. I always got the renewal for the ‘new’ members rate. I told them that if they continued to take the mick every year I would leave and so I did. They don’t deserve loyalty. Look elsewhere.

Last edited:
Yeah being loyal doesn't work. I have been with o2 for about 20 years and I do not no why. It's only now I,m using more data. So I,ll be leaving them for definite.

Any price increase in insurance premiums over 10% I will phone and ask them to justify - almost always results in a discount. Pain to have to do but it seems the norm now and I have a polished pitch!

I have been with Green Flag for the past year, have used them twice, (once for the van - which resulted in a 160 mile piggy back from Preston to Oxfordshire, and once for the wife's car), had no issues with them at all, and they were way cheaper than RAC and AA.

Shop at Tesco? Got any club card points? You can get RAC for 1/3 the price in club card vouchers. We have used this for several years.

Same with RAC last year. Tell them it’s not good enough and you are leaving - they will discount.

Pete
I'd tell them I'm leaving, when they offer a discount I'd tell them I don't deal with companies that try to rip me off. Don't forget, that's what they tried to do.

I was with AA and they only cover you for three breakdowns abroad. Switched to Skoda Assist (with my superb) who are serviced by the AA and unlimited breakdowns abroad for cheaper price :rolleyes:

The FSA need to jump on the auto renewal price hikes!

I have used green flag for several years, i get personal cover for me and my wife so it will pick up either of us in any vehicle we are travelling in (even as a passenger) and its always under £100
Have used it a couple times over the years and always been happy with the service, they just dispatch your nearest recovery garage that is signed up to their network and i have had personal vehicles and work vans recovered on the policy

I’ve been with Autoaid for years with my car. They won’t cover anything over 2.5t though so I’m going to have to look round when I get the van.

Because of Covid19
My friend called the AA out for recovery this week, her and her son was asked if they wanted a lift home, they needed to stay in the car, and ride on the back of the lorry !!

F0752ABE-2523-4F4C-90C3-6A15D8D4553E.jpeg

This is photo from stock.. but I don’t think I’d enjoy that!

Back