Which VCDS?

The Ham

VIP Member
T6 Pro
which version vcds do think I should get?
currently have a snide one but am worried I might bugger something up, I would like to get the proper rosstech lead.
have looked on their site and they do a few different ones, along with the obvious fault finding I'd like to do adaptions as well.
looking for advice for a novice please

Is it worth buying unlimited second hand?
resale value? 3 vin?
we already have 3 vw's in the house

think I might go for the V2 10 vin for £300, and I see that you can upgrade to unlimited for £169, so I have that option in the future.

think I might go for the V2 10 vin for £300, and I see that you can upgrade to unlimited for £169, so I have that option in the future.
The advantage of a new lead over an older one with unlimited vin is that new vehicles (2019 on I believe) need the new lead so it’s more future proof. I believe this is true but not 100% sure.

The advantage of a new lead over an older one with unlimited vin is that new vehicles (2019 on I believe) need the new lead so it’s more future proof. I believe this is true but not 100% sure.
Absolutely true. I bought a 2019 caravelle and needed to change the lead. Same with my brother's 2019 A6. Went from an unlimited vin lead to a 10 vin. Good thing is I sold the old lead for £200 which I had bought back in 2014...

I think I might go for the V2 10-VIN for £300 and I see that you can upgrade to unlimited for £169, so I have that option in the future.
If you do buy it, don’t forget to update your account to show other members nearby that you have VCDS :thumbsup:

Back