Which Swivel seats to pick

Fitted a sports craft swivel today to the passenger seat. Done in more or less 30mins and it works a treat. Just have to mod the cover plate on the back of the seat base now.

Have QR on 2nd row mate, distance of about 200mm with 2nd row in. (isn't alot) at all, but I also have the seats/bed in rear..

To add to this I have been looking to get the 2nd row to swival too.. giving me more options..
Hi Fish, I have a Kombi SWB and I’m looking to put a rock n roll behind the second row, is this what you’ve done? Just wondering how much space there will be Thanks

Hi one and all.

Has anyone found a swivel seat base that does not rock? I can put up with it on the passengers side, well the passenger can, but couldn’t deal with while driving.

Hope someone can help.

I fitted the passenger one but had them fit the driver one as I was having some electrical work done under seat anyway, they mounted the inverter onto a specific plate which secures it nicely. You'll manage to fit them yourself alright.

Ya you can get the hand adjustment done, absolutely safe you won't even notice any difference when in use

You can do that yourself or a local workshop if you don't have the tools or send your seat base to exploria or someone and then get an exchange unit back with lower handbrake for around £25.00 I paid

Cheers Sean

I’ve tried to get more info on the handbrake adjustment from exploria with little joy.

Will keep trying.

Chaps anyone confirm if the Kiravans single passenger swivel will fit with a factory fitted leisure battery under the seat?

Thanks,
TR.

I've got two Sportscraft that I've now taken out. They rattle, rock , squeak. Just too much bare metal to bare metal. They won't be re fitted.

Having read this thread I'd settled on Kirvans offset swivels.

Been in touch with Kirvans and they're not expecting any stock until 21st December!!!!!

Anyone know of any other suppliers?

Chaps anyone confirm if the Kiravans single passenger swivel will fit with a factory fitted leisure battery under the seat?
If the single is similar to the double, the whole box swivels, so you could put a battery inside the box, but you'd need to be very careful with trapped and twisted cables to avoid shorts. The pivot is at floor level.
By coincidence I was talking to my lad this morning about the very same thing (he has a Kiravans double-swivel), pondering methods of disconnecting the battery whilst actually doing the swivel operation, then reconnecting once its done - using a duplicated connector front and back. But its a faff and a potential for shorts... so I dunno yet. Probably not ;)
Cheers
Phil

If the single is similar to the double, the whole box swivels, so you could put a battery inside the box, but you'd need to be very careful with trapped and twisted cables to avoid shorts. The pivot is at floor level.
By coincidence I was talking to my lad this morning about the very same thing (he has a Kiravans double-swivel), pondering methods of disconnecting the battery whilst actually doing the swivel operation, then reconnecting once its done - using a duplicated connector front and back. But its a faff and a potential for shorts... so I dunno yet. Probably not ;)
Cheers
Phil

Thought the single was just a top plate? Have emailed kiravans to ask but seem to have confused them as they replied about fitting a double swivel??

I've got two Sportscraft that I've now taken out. They rattle, rock , squeak. Just too much bare metal to bare metal. They won't be re fitted.

That's really odd, my two are rock solid, no movement at all. It's almost impossible for them to rock when they are located in the straight-ahead position. I wonder if they made some modifications to the design along the way?

That's really odd, my two are rock solid, no movement at all. It's almost impossible for them to rock when they are located in the straight-ahead position. I wonder if they made some modifications to the design along the way?

Yes I agree
I have a set of sports craft both solid no probs

I've just got a kiravan offset swivel drivers seat for my T6 kombi
and after much excitement waiting for it to arrive im extremely disappointed.
when turning the chair round to face the rear, the chair does not lock into any position and swings freely. the only thing stopping it going a full 360 is the handle for the locking catch.
Are all offset swivels like this or has this one been manufactured incorrectly. it looks like the lug has been attach a couple inches away from the catch.
I can not see any other way to fit it. everyone reviews of this swivels sound better. but I can not see how it can be fitted incorrectly and most of the problems are to do with the swivel.

it did also come with missing bolts so I wondering if they have been careless with this manufacture/order.

also when lowering the seat in the the driving position the swivel handle digs into the seats original plastic? does this all have to come off or be cut?

The swivel frame rubs along the top of the handbrake and i've heard this do not require the handbrake to be moved .

%WIsXJt8QV+oRp3LYIz4eg.jpg

I3ze0B7sQQOmywKO6PWZKQ.jpg

I've just got a kiravan offset swivel drivers seat for my T6 kombi
and after much excitement waiting for it to arrive im extremely disappointed.
when turning the chair round to face the rear, the chair does not lock into any position and swings freely. the only thing stopping it going a full 360 is the handle for the locking catch.
Are all offset swivels like this or has this one been manufactured incorrectly. it looks like the lug has been attach a couple inches away from the catch.
I can not see any other way to fit it. everyone reviews of this swivels sound better. but I can not see how it can be fitted incorrectly and most of the problems are to do with the swivel.

it did also come with missing bolts so I wondering if they have been careless with this manufacture/order.

also when lowering the seat in the the driving position the swivel handle digs into the seats original plastic? does this all have to come off or be cut?

The swivel frame rubs along the top of the handbrake and i've heard this do not require the handbrake to be moved .

View attachment 43582

View attachment 43583
@garybo85 I have a kiravans offset swivel on my passenger seat, and hate it. It’ll soon be going in the bin.
You are absolutely right it does not lock in any position other then when facing fully forward, but that isn’t what winds me up about it. It’s the noise!!!! Constant creaking.
I have tried rising the seat, lowering the seat, packing the swivel with grease; nothing works. It’s noisy when someone sits in it, and it’s noisy when it’s empty.

Back