Which Swivel seats to pick

Folks, Can anyone explain this in the message?? im i being stupid but what do the mean about swivelling 90 degress before seat will swivel???

IMG_5822.jpg

Could it be referring to the relationship between the two seat, its not uncommon to have to do both at the same time so they dont foul each other ie turn passenger halfway then turn drivers fully then finish passenger but i have only seen this on double passenger seat setups

@Pauly I think we are all guessing, but your thought is good especially as a double seat swivel has to be relocated closer to the driver's seat. Translated instructions ?

I have the 2 singles up front and i just asked them if the normal swivels would work rather than the offset ones. I`ll give them a phone tomorrow and speak to the guy to clarify and will post up reply to lets yous know

I've got single swivels on mine with armrest..... passenger swivels straight round no isssues. Drivers is a bit of a faff but you get used to it..... armrests up swivel half way (90 degree) slide seat forward so the back clears the steering wheel and swivel rest of say.

just fitted Kiravan one to the passenger seat yesterday, was easy and took about 20 minutes and works a dream. have now ordered one for drivers side. would recommend the kiravans ones

just fitted Kiravan one to the passenger seat yesterday, was easy and took about 20 minutes and works a dream. have now ordered one for drivers side. would recommend the kiravans ones
Yeh I'm sold on them I must admit @jonathan123 . How did you get on with regards to the heated seats? Is it just a matter of unplugging and the re-plugging a wire?? Thank you

Last edited:
How did you get on with regards to the heated seats? Is it just a matter of unplugging and the re-plugging a wire?? Thank you

Heated seats a doddle nice big hole in center of swivel base and wee connector under the seat. If if was going again I would disconnect the battery first, I have airbags in my seat and got airbag warning msg when I plugged them back in. Glad I got caristaapp :)

Kev

Reactions: DC.
I want to fit a swivel to a single passenger seat on my van when I get one which will hopefully be sooner rather than later. It will be a comfort seat, the passenger seat won't be fitted with a swivel. Which swivel would be the best to get?

Will the passenger seat swivel without having to swivel the drivers? That's my concern after reading the above, although I may well have misinterpreted

I got Exploria ones and very happy with quality, no rattles or rocking at all

Exploria did our conversion, using their swivel bases. We like. Height adjustability has been maintained too. Other than having to have the hand-brake off when the drivers one is turned, no issues, and simple to turn once you've remembered to pull it forward a bit first.

We need to get a swival base quite quickly based on an experiance earlier today. I understand the off set but not really sure I understand the advance. Does this mean you don't need to slide the seat about before rotation?

So our set up is fixed middle kombi with two front captains seats. We need to be able to spin round to get to our twins and little girl (who now sits in the middle, with a twin either side) so leg room is only needed from our side. What kind of leg room can we expect?

Sorry if this has been mentioned but the hand break mod, is this only needed for the seat to clear during rotation or during rotation and the 180' position? I mean if you're parked on the flat which is generally the case can't you just release the break for rotation then reapply? I want to avoid raising the seat too much as my wife who drives the van the most has trouble reaching the h/break already but also want hassle free bolt straight in option

Edit: Was typing this late last night and after posting saw another thread! D'oh!

Last edited:
Back