Which Swivel seats to pick

I also have the Scopema (Kiravans) offset swivel and no, they do not lock when facing backwards.

DaveyB, mine creaked like crazy as soon as they were fitted and I was extremely disappointed as the noise drove me insane, however, I contacted Banwy who supplied them, and they recommended applying silicon spray (I went for the WD40 variety in the yellow can) to the hour-glass shaped guides between each plate. Problem COMPLETELY solved. No creaking when empty or with a passenger.

Give that a try before chucking them ;)

I also have the Scopema (Kiravans) offset swivel and no, they do not lock when facing backwards.

DaveyB, mine creaked like crazy as soon as they were fitted and I was extremely disappointed as the noise drove me insane, however, I contacted Banwy who supplied them, and they recommended applying silicon spray (I went for the WD40 variety in the yellow can) to the hour-glass shaped guides between each plate. Problem COMPLETELY solved. No creaking when empty or with a passenger.

Give that a try before chucking them ;)
I’ll give it a whirl (pun intended, swivel/ whirl, get it?). Albeit I crammed it full of bearing grease which did nowt, but all up for giving an alternative a shot.

It depends where you put the grease. The creaking tends to come from the little hour-glass shaped guides, which only contact each other when the seat is locked in the forward position.

Hopefully your creaking days will soon be over. Good luck! :thumbsup:

I had one of them there swivels and found it creaked and moved so sent it back after 6 months. To be far Kiravans were very good and gave me a full refund.
The plastic will hit the base when using any swivel though, so it’s lift swivel then lower.

Does the Sportscraft lock in any position other than facing forward?
Just trying to decide which to go for.
Also, does the Sportscraft require any trimming of the plastic seat trims?

Does the Sportscraft lock in any position other than facing forward?
Just trying to decide which to go for.
Also, does the Sportscraft require any trimming of the plastic seat trims?
Hi
They only lock facing forward
I had to trim the top lip from the plastic seat base cover, looks ok
You can get panels to replace them, put sockets in etc , saw some on just campers look good .
They will still catch the plastic trim as you swivel, but raise the seat up before you spin then no probs

Just a warning, the Sportscraft rattle so much, as there is bare metal on metal. So much so that I’ve removed mine, with no intention of fitting them again. Infact...a pair of Sportscraft swivel bases for sale.

Not had any issue with my passager sport craft swivel (nut on top) Clearly there must be some made better than others?

I also have Sportscraft swivels (nut on top) on both front seats and have no problems with creaking/rattling etc

2020 Any worthy additions? Looking to get one for my passenger captain seat and am wondering which one would be best?

Hello @Rg_ still no issues with our Sportscraft ones,passenger one is really easy to swivel and ours are the nut on top ones so you can fit a load of electrics underneath if needs be

Hello @Rg_ still no issues with our Sportscraft ones,passenger one is really easy to swivel and ours are the nut on top ones so you can fit a load of electrics underneath if needs be
Thanks that sounds good. I'll check them out. Do you have a drivers one too?

Yes have both @Rg_ ,the drivers one is a bit more awkward to get round,seat needs a couple of adjustments but once you have done it half a dozen times you soon get the hang of it

I have just ordered a pair of Sportscraft swivels, both singles and both with the inverted centre bolt for more room underneath. Kiravans never seem to be in stock so I jumped at the chance to buy the Sportscraft when I found them.
I'll let you know how they are although the supplier has said that the batch they received from SC came without fasteners so I have to wait for the next delivery....
I guess there is no rush.

Hi, I’m in the same boat looking at SPORTSCRAFT as kiravans out of stock permanently. I think lockdown camper builds have thinned out all the stock too.
I have found a place with them in stock, but they don’t make a distinction between passenger/driver where other sites do. Anyone else know if there is a difference?

Hi, I’m in the same boat looking at SPORTSCRAFT as kiravans out of stock permanently. I think lockdown camper builds have thinned out all the stock too.
I have found a place with them in stock, but they don’t make a distinction between passenger/driver where other sites do. Anyone else know if there is a difference?
I'm not sure that the actual plate is different but my drivers side kit came with a handbrake lowering bracket. This may be the only difference.

Fitted mine to my passenger seat and it did come with what looked like the handbrake kit? Guessing the base is identical for both sides?

greetings, was about to buy the Kiravan or the Sportscraft ones but have been put off by the rocking and rattling claims on here. Are there any other manufacturers out there who do driver and passenger ones without need for modifications like trimming plastic etc?

Roos Kiravans double swivel doesnt rock or rattle. Sounds like the corner clamps havent been screwed down?

Back