Which poptop mattress?

i guess it depends how you sleep.......for front or back sleepers we find the 2.5cm fine but if you sleep on your side your hips might suffer.
I see you are in the Cotswolds, you are very welcome to come and try out ours, we are near Stroud.

i guess it depends how you sleep.......for front or back sleepers we find the 2.5cm fine but if you sleep on your side your hips might suffer.
I see you are in the Cotswolds, you are very welcome to come and try out ours, we are near Stroud.
That’s me, side sleeper.

We currently have the same dilemma and also live in Stroud. Could we take a peak at yours? We are thinking about a topper to us on the rib bed, but then store in the pop top when not in use or travelling.

Just to upset the applecart....we find a thin air bed from decathlon works best with sleeping bags (that’s on the bench/bed)

I’ve recently made a couple of duvalay inspired double sleeping bags - one for the r&r bed and another for the pop top - and thought I’d share how I made them in case anyone is interested. They’re very easy to make, about half the cost of buying two Duvalays plus you have an endless choice of colours/styles of duvet cover and mattress topper quality/duvet tog etc.

I bought a small double (120cm) memory foam mattress topper, a double duvet, single and double duvet covers and some plastic snap fasteners. Put the duvet in the double duvet cover, put the mattress topper in the single duvet cover then attach the snap fasteners along the bottom edge so that the duvet attaches to the mattress topper and job done. For storing, I roll them up and secure with luggage straps. They fit on the back shelf of the r&r when not needed (but can fall out of the tailgate if you’re not careful). For the pop top I needed to trim the topper down a bit to 110cm. I also asked the Mrs to sew up the single duvet cover along the length so that it was a snug fit, but that’s probably not essential.

We have 2 proper Duvalays which are great, but found that butting them up against one another on the r&r meant that they were slightly too wide and the duvets doubled over in the middle which was a bit too restrictive for us.

Hi Guys, I collect my 2019 T6 in 2weeks and I’m needing the measurements for the pop top mattress so it’s a perfect fit, if you guys can help. Thanks

Hi Guys, I collect my 2019 T6 in 2weeks and I’m needing the measurements for the pop top mattress so it’s a perfect fit, if you guys can help. Thanks
Will depend on roof your having and swb or lwb bed board will dictate, but vango California air mattress are a safe bet I have a couple and they are great

Anyone looking at Duvalay should consider the sleeping bags rather than just the toppers - you get all of your bedding (topper, duvet, poly-cotton sheets and pillow) in a single roll and you can easily change the duvet to match the season. We converted to Duvalay whilst camping under canvas after many years of using air beds, SIMs, etc., and they work very well for us.
So can you use the Duvalay system instead of a topper in the pop up bed? For example does this offer enough comfort to sleep on the hard bed board in the pop top

So can you use the Duvalay system instead of a topper in the pop up bed? For example does this offer enough comfort to sleep on the hard bed board in the pop top
We use ours on the RiB bed downstairs so can't comment. However, there is more comfort/support in the Duvalays than the mattress our pop top has.

What width did you go for?

We have Duvalay sleeping bags and love them - mattress topper, all bedding and pillow in a single roll - 2 sit nicely on the rear shelf of our RIB - laid down when driving so we can still see out of the rear window or stood up during the day so we can access the rea

First you need to know how much gap there is with the roof closed if you are planning on leaving the mattress up top with the roof closed.
Try different thicknesses of blankets etc and see how thick you can go.

On a lined Reimo there isn’t much space at all, just like a huge trouser press.

I’ve just bought transporter T6 it’s been converted to a campervan. What’s the best mattress for the pop top

I have two Alpkit Dozers, amazing. But they big and bulky! They live behind the RIB bed with the bedding
I have a HiLo

Back