Which crossbars for Thule bike carriers?

Andysmee

Previously the last of the TSI's
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I now have standard roof rails but my existing Thule cross bars are too short even at 135cm (annoying, as I got longer ones secondhand :confused:)

Which crossbars can I get that will allow a T-shaped slot for Thule bike carriers? The Thule site not forthcoming!

Am guessing Thule Evo Raised Rail (4 pack) 7104 for the foot set but what width cross bar, 150 or 175?

Last edited:
I think I need a 150cm rail. 175 would stick out too far

Hi, anyone with Thule cross bars fitted, got a T6 and wanting to put cross bars on, just wondered if there was any problems with leaks as my T5 did when I put rails on years ago. Just been reading the thread about the 6mm threaded bar mod for the rails instead of sealant but would this work with the cross bars. Cheers.

I’d be surprised if it didn’t work! The mod suggested by members is a better way of doing the rails, that’s all. Cross bars would still fit, they’d just be more resilient when in use

I’d be surprised if it didn’t work! The mod suggested by members is a better way of doing the rails, that’s all. Cross bars would still fit, they’d just be more resilient when in use
Cheers Jog

View attachment 126128
Got it sorted, for future reference you need 150cm/60" bars. I went with a Thule 757 Foot Pack and Wingbar Evo 150 bars 711500
Post in thread 'Roof rail and cross bar recommendation:'
Roof rail and cross bar recommendation:
…. Is a Thule foot available, to bolt directly to my existing roof bolts without any additional kit
My solar panels only allow for crossbars not roof rails … ?

great looking roof set up btw !
Olly

Post in thread 'Roof rail and cross bar recommendation:'
Roof rail and cross bar recommendation:
…. Is a Thule foot available, to bolt directly to my existing roof bolts without any additional kit
My solar panels only allow for crossbars not roof rails … ?

great looking roof set up btw !
Olly
Yes, that's what you get if you just use the Thule website with your van's model details

The only problem with my setup is it's very high. I had to dive to one side of a single track road in the summer and caught a bike on an overhanging tree, twisting the front wheel 90 degrees. I had to replace the wheel carrier part on that bike's rail and it cost a new inner tube on the bike.

We spent the return journey assessing every tree over the road in the New Forest

PXL_20210827_125207987~2.jpg

The only problem with my setup is it's very high. I had to dive to one side of a single track road in the summer and caught a bike on an overhanging tree, twisting the front wheel 90 degrees. I had to replace the wheel carrier part on that bike's rail and it cost a new inner tube on the bike.

We spent the return journey assessing every tree over the road in the New Forest

View attachment 135017
Ouch !
Things we take for granted.
Im considering these UltiBars, not sure if I’m happy with just one fixing bolt per leg as my pics show … Also no height quoted for legs and no length quoted for crossbars …

34D4F017-CAE6-419F-981D-1E372A453569.jpeg

F6548707-D321-4EE8-9EFB-B9339FE0C12A.jpeg

Back